PDA

View Full Version : Set up a second laptop with EFI Live with a Shop License

mowton
January 4th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Hope this isn't a stupid question, but we are trying to setup a second laptop with EFI Live so we can develop tunes and work at the same time. The problem is we hook up the V2 cable to a laptop where we have downloaded EFILive program, and as long as the cable is attached we can work tunes and save them. We used the Help to register the cable initially but after it is removed, the program reverts back into Demo mode.

Any idea's what we are doing wrong or additional info you might need to help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ed M

joecar
January 4th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Ed,

Did you enter the registration information (from the blue card)...?

Are you logged into Windows with admin privilege...?

ScarabEpic22
January 4th, 2013, 07:31 PM
You need to enter the registration information from your blue registration card OR copy the license.txt file from "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration" to your new pc.

mowton
January 5th, 2013, 01:09 AM
Thank you all. I did enter the info on the license page accessed through the Help function, but may not be complete (didn't have the card). Yes, Joe, I am logged in as an Administrator. On Monday will try and copy over the license.txt file from the original laptop to the 2nd computer.

Thanks for your help and have a great weekend.

Ed M

mowton
January 7th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Did a copy/paste from our base laptop and walllla, worked like champ :). I didn't type all the license information manually..... Thanks for the help. I feel kind of dumb but I'll get over it.

Thanks again

Ed M

joecar
January 7th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Ed, don't feel dumb... we're exploding with information overload :pop:

glad you got it :cheers:

Erik, thanks :cheers:

ScarabEpic22
January 8th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Glad you got it sorted out!

No problem Joe.

RonnieW
February 21st, 2016, 07:00 AM
Did a copy/paste from our base laptop and walllla, worked like champ :). I didn't type all the license information manually..... Thanks for the help. I feel kind of dumb but I'll get over it.

Thanks again

Ed M

I did a search on this same problem and this older post is what I found. I am using a new computer and continue to get Demo Mode when I open up. I followed the above instructions and did a copy and paste of the config files from my old computer to my new one. I still get the Demo Mode and cannot save the new tunes. I wasted a lot of time changing the tune before I realized that I could not save it. If I click on help and register, all my license info is in there. Besides the register warning it also states that "This message will also be displayed if the Efilive Control Panel sofware is present in the system tray on the windows task bar. Please close the Efilive Control panel software before starting the Scan or Tune Software" I'm not sure what this is telling me to do. I have windows 8 on the tablet that I am trying to use.

joecar
February 21st, 2016, 03:07 PM
Which Windows OS are you running...?

joecar
February 21st, 2016, 03:10 PM
On your PC find this folder:

C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

then in that folder find the file License.txt and openm it using Notepad, what does it contain...?

You must copy that file from your other PC.

RonnieW
February 22nd, 2016, 06:09 AM

then in that folder find the file License.txt and openm it using Notepad, what does it contain...?

I did that but it did not help. I copied it to a thumb drive and pasted it from the thumb drive to User Configuration on the new computer. It ask if I want to replace the existing License.txt and I said yes. The license.txt contained the serial number, key and other information that was in the block from help/register. Shown below without my serial number or key visible. Windows 8
[License.1]
Serial=0038xxxxxxxxx
RoadRunner=
Type=Personal Scan&Tune
Issued=20110324
Key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[License.2]
Serial=000000000000
RoadRunner=
Type=Scanner
Issued=20000101
Key=????-????-????-????
[License.3]
Serial=000000000000
RoadRunner=
Type=Scanner
Issued=20000101
Key=????-????-????-????
[License.4]
Serial=000000000000
RoadRunner=
Type=Scanner
Issued=20000101
Key=????-????-????-????
[License.5]

minytrker
February 22nd, 2016, 07:33 AM

Thats how I set up all my computers...havent entered the actual info in years

joecar
February 22nd, 2016, 10:27 AM
Ok, in the scantool, go Edit->Properties->Folders and check that User Configuration has the correct pathname (that matches the pathname on your PC).

RonnieW
February 22nd, 2016, 01:56 PM
Ok, in the scantool, go Edit->Properties->Folders and check that User Configuration has the correct pathname (that matches the pathname on your PC).

pathname matches

joecar
February 22nd, 2016, 04:08 PM
Something's not right...

post a screenshot.

RonnieW
February 23rd, 2016, 12:18 AM
Something's not right...

post a screenshot.

I'll have to continue this in a couple days. Headed to have a knee replacement.

joecar
February 23rd, 2016, 05:41 AM
No worries, I hope your knee replacement goes good, take your time and rest up, we can continue after that

( a screenshot will sometimes allow me to see what else is going on )