PDA

View Full Version : auto cal capacity?

ranvette
January 5th, 2013, 02:35 AM
Just a simple question maybe somebody can help me with.I am wondering if the auto cal will hold all my tunes? The original ECM cal is 3mb and the original TCM cal is 2mb.The tuner has been sent those.Now when he sends the 2 of them back retuned.Are all 4 going to fit on the auto cal?.Plus if 4 tunes are on the auto cal is there any space for data logging? I am under the impression it only holds 6mb total.Thanks for any help

Tordne
January 5th, 2013, 07:33 AM
The available storage on AutoCal is around the 6MB mark, so it will not be possible to have 2 copies of both an ECM and TCM calibration on the device at one time. You will need to use EFILive Explorer to copy content to/from your PC and the device depending on what tune you wish to implement.

ranvette
January 5th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Thanks i just tuned the car it is a turbo chevy cruze.I was able to fit all the tunes on it and there is 5.But i see now how it works.It does not have to put in the whole program it just rewrites needed areas in the original program in the ecm or tcm.So 5 tunes takes up very little.The auto cal is a nice piece job well done efilive !

TDFDiesel
January 7th, 2013, 07:31 AM
I imagine this has been asked before, but is it not possible to increase the partition size or look at the ability to include SDCard external memory for future revisions?

Is the 5mb partition size specific to tunes only or is that general partition also used for data logging?

Tordne
January 7th, 2013, 07:48 AM
It would require design, manufacturing, firmware development changes to be made to implement a larger flash filesystem or SD card provision in the device. The available filesystem space is used for both storing calibrations and logged data. The AutoCal was never intended to house a library of tunes, rather one or two for a tuners individual customer vehicle. If you want to retain significant calibrations on a device permanently then FlashScan V2 is the solution for that requirement right now.

ranvette
January 7th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Well that make great sense to me !

ranvette
January 9th, 2013, 12:56 AM
If i sent someone a data log could they tell me what my car is makeing for hp and tq

joecar
January 9th, 2013, 03:53 AM
If i sent someone a data log could they tell me what my car is makeing for hp and tqWhat is your 1/4 mile ET/TS and what is the car weight...?

Post logs if you want.

Log the pid CALC.POWER_RW while accelerating up (positive) in a single gear and again while coating down in neutral (negative) over the same stretch of road under the same conditions, and then using a spreadsheet subtract the second (negative) from the first (positive) at corresponding rpm/mph values... if you did it right this will give you an estimate of the flywheel power curve.

ranvette
January 9th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Here are 2 logs ! one has some cruseing and there is 2 full throttle runs

joecar
February 4th, 2013, 04:12 PM
ranvatte,

sorry I must have missed your reply...

what is the weight of your vehicle...?

joecar
February 4th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Log 0005 shows it takes 8.7 s to go 9-65 mph... is this street or dyno...?

I see boost, slow gear changes, this is a heavy vehicle.

ranvette
February 4th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks with driver it would be 3300 lb without driver the car weight is 3100 lb. The vehicle was on the street not dyno

joecar
February 5th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Log shows that at WOT car is slow (especially for boost)... something is wrong... has it been tuned...?

ranvette
February 5th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Yes its tuned its a new chevy Cruze 1.4T so it is not fast to begin with.I made those logs right after i tuned it.One had a lot of wheel spin and the other was done with it moveing along slow.It does seem to run fairly stronger tuned.Stock the boost is around 12 or 13 psi.I think its running 18 or 19 now.Plus its kinda heavy for that small motor to.Maybe the numbers would look better if i put some miles on it before i logged it?

joecar
February 5th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Ah, ok, I was imagining a 6.2L truck (what most people have)... it's all clear now.

joecar
February 5th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Try logging ETCTP instead of TP.

joecar
February 5th, 2013, 02:22 PM
From your log 0005, I very roughly calculate that your engine makes 260 HP at the flywheel.

ScarabEpic22
February 5th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Wow, thats double GM's stock output there Joe!!

Im thinking Im going to get a Sonic here soon, the Cruze needs a slightly bigger engine IMHO but in the Sonic is seems fun. Might have to test drive an RS if the local dealer has one.

joecar
February 5th, 2013, 03:28 PM
I was going by the logged POWER_RW accelerating up and coasting down, oblivious of controlled conditions (especially the coast down)...

lol, which shows how experiments fail :)

How much HP would he have...?

From his log his 0-60 would be about 9s... so he would be closer to 150 HP.

ranvette
February 5th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Thanks would you mean 150hp to the wheels?