PDA

View Full Version : 07 LMM oil life rapidly dropping

THEFERMANATOR
January 6th, 2013, 08:18 AM
I guess it's my turn to get bit by an LMM bug. I flashed this truck back in October for a guy with a tune taht i have personally put into 2 other trucks(same exact tune and OS), and have sent it to countless others with not 1 problem reported back to me. This truck has been a PITA from the get go with APPS codes and cam sensor codes. It was wreck that was repaired poorly at best, and is an electrical nightmare. The problem he's having is IDENTICAL to the one here http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?19556-Oil-life . It's a 7083 OS without the B1406 table in it to be changed. He said he has reset it twice now in the last thousand miles, and it is still dropping rapidly. I'm going to try reflashing it with a full flash to see if that corrects it, but does anybody else have any insight? I know this is an issue taht others have experience with the LMM, and I don't want to tell him to ignore it. It just makes no sense that the SAME EXACT tune file that I have running around in 2 friends trucks locally with ZERO problems is giving trouble in this one.

Boost
January 7th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Hi! I had a similar issue with several LBZs, and have also learned that the LMM is very picky about OS / Cal #s, even for same year / models. I wish I could help you with this since you tried to help me also (I apprecite it!)

My best advice if you haven't tried this yet is make sure you are using the exact original version to build on, and full flash it. There are parameters you can adjust to control oil life but I DID have some trucks rapidly run down even without touching them. Sounds like a mess though, hope it works out and keep us posted!

THEFERMANATOR
January 7th, 2013, 08:54 AM
It's just really wierd as he said teh first thousand miles it seemed fine, then all of the sudden it started dropping rapidly. I know this is an issue for many with the BOSCH ECM just like mysterious ghost codes like the P0102 and the LBZ.

blklmm
January 21st, 2013, 02:23 PM
My truck does the same thing 594 o.s. havent looked into it much, but my truck trips the oil life at 0% at least twice per 3k oil change. I wonder if any "big name" tuners could shed some light on this.....Oh and B1406 is untouched. Set at 16000

Boost
January 27th, 2013, 01:18 PM
My guess is that the variable affecting this is not the miles, but something else in the algorithm. From a "little name" tuner :D

Dixon
February 23rd, 2013, 05:32 AM
I have an '09 LMM. It has about 37,000 miles on it currently. I have religiously done oil changes when the truck says it wants one. Usually, the truck asks for an oil change after about six to seven thousand miles, but the last time it came on rather too soon; I'd say after about three thousand miles. I am completely stock.