PDA

View Full Version : Validated PIDS without vehicle?

EagleMark
January 7th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I saved a PID list and a log file so I could work inside, not sitting in car. But now when not hooked up to vehicle and V2 all the PIDS show as valid and I know some are not valid? I did validate them before saving the PID list and log data and know some were not valid.

Also on another computer. I grabbed the PID list, log file and did not work, then also grabbed .vml and .vpl and still no joy?

Can this be done without V2 hooked to vehicle, or without V2? All is well except it does not show the non valid PIDS I need to know for a project...

joecar
January 7th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Log them and see which ones make sense.

EagleMark
January 7th, 2013, 08:13 PM
All logged and they make sense in vehicle. Then when I go inside where it's warm to do screen shots for my other thread the non validated and none working PIDS and not Xed out.

Just trying to get one screen shot but no image software on my tuning laptop... guess I should just put image editing software on it would have been easier.

Stroked250r
January 8th, 2013, 06:29 AM
You can easily take a screenshot by pressing printscreen and then pasting that image into microsoft paint then save as jpeg. Or use your cellphone :)

I use a free image editor called fast stone image viewer, pretty easy to use to crop and resize images.

EagleMark
January 8th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Thanks! I got er done...

I just hauled my big laptop that normally does not leave the desk because it's hooked to 32 inch monitor, surround sound, wireless keyboard/mouse and loaded with software. The little light laptop I use in vehicles has nothing but tuning stuff. Wireless network makes them all like one. First time I ran into a snag...

What is strage and the origanal problem was gone this morning, the invalid PIDS were Xed out like they should have been? Don't know why a restart did that?

joecar
January 8th, 2013, 08:02 AM
In case you need this, post #10 from here: Hosting-an-Image (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?3064-Hosting-an-Image)