PDA

View Full Version : P2579 Code on 6.7 Cummins

Slow6.7
January 14th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Hey everyone,
I have been playing with EFILive for maybe a week and a half to two weeks now. I have been running fine, but now all of a sudden I have throw a P2579 Code (Turbocharger speed sensor performance). Could this be something in my tune that I have thrown, or should I check into taking the sensor off or just tightening my boost tubes like some threads have suggested? I only ask this question because it has only happened since I started tuning on my truck with EFILive. My smarty/edge setup never had this problem. I love my EFI, but Im afraid that it is something that I did within my tune that has set this off. Whether it is a parameter, or maybe just something I modified that I didnt notice. I just think that it is odd that I ran my truck for 2 years on my smarty/edge setup and never had this problem, and now it has just shown up. That is why I am skeptical that is is something that I did. I would be super glad to send my tune to someone to let them look at it, or if someone could maybe post some advice for me on the forum here. I haven't had a chance to check the sensor, or the tubes for a boost leak. I really would appreciate any help or ideas on the subject. OR is my turbo about to poop out on me? My truck only has 97,600 miles on it. It seems somewhat premature to me if that was happening. Im still a noob guys, so cut me some slack :) And sorry to post in the general section, but nobody is even active in the 6.7 Section. Thanks Again guys.

-Slow6.7

KhakiCummins
January 14th, 2013, 05:38 AM
I don't know of any settings in EFILive that would give you this code. I started getting the P2579 at about 85K miles, the same time that I returned to stock from the Smarty. I replaced the sensor and all is well.

I just think it coincidence you got it when you switched to EFILive... It could be that the Smarty actually masks this code...

Slow6.7
January 14th, 2013, 07:08 AM
So should I just possibly mask it or just maybe clean the sensor first? I really don't want to spend the 120$ bucks on the sensor. I would prefer to just mask the code and call it a day. I mean, is that little sensor even gonna warn me that much if my turbo is about to go pop anyways? Thanks.
-Slow6.7

KhakiCummins
January 14th, 2013, 09:38 AM
It's going to warn you when you have a turbo overspeed which can ultimately lead to turbo failure if not addressed.