PDA

View Full Version : 2 bar map question 2010 Camaro

beaukz28
January 15th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I'm sure someone has asked this before and it's in here somewhere, but a guy could spend days reading through these posts until you find what you are looking for. I am working with a 10 Camaro ls3 m6 car. It has cai, headers, cam, and exhaust. I have done my own tuning to this point and it runs pretty good. I am getting ready to stack a magnacharger on top. I loaded there tune from the preloaded sct handheld tuner. It looks like they just lower timing, disable the map ( they keep the stock 1 bar in the kit) and run off the MAF. So my question is if I add a 2 bar map, will it automatically work off the 2 bar vve table or do I have to change something somewhere. Thanks!

GMPX
January 15th, 2013, 06:25 PM
The E38 ECM is designed to work in 2bar from factory (which is nice), if you add the 2bar sensor, scale the sensor calibrations to suit the 2bar sensor then you are set to go. BUT, the factory Virtual VE table will need tweaking to suit the boost. On the Camaro this is very important as the VE calculation tapers off rapidly above 100kPa.

tokymon
January 16th, 2013, 05:37 AM
we used a 2 bar from a colbalt ( had to modify the mount) but worked good