PDA

View Full Version : DIC/Cluster scaling factor with big injectors

ScarabEpic22
January 16th, 2013, 12:55 PM
OK so I have some ID850 injectors in my E67 TBSS now, and my DIC/cluster readout is now 50% off due to having to scale my tune 50%. What table(s) do I need to adjust in order to correct this or does EFILive need to add these tables in? Its quite annoying looking at my DIC and seeing 30mpg and a 500+mi range when Im getting 15mpg and more like a 250-280mi range.

Ive heard the cluster looks at the IFR table for DIC calculations, since I have scaled mine 50% to have the correct IFR for the injectors, what needs to be done?

Thanks

ScarabEpic22
January 17th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Anyone? This really makes roadtrips irritating as my miles to empty and MPG are waaaay off.

Tre-Cool
January 17th, 2013, 07:56 PM
you can't do anything with it unfortunatly.

ScarabEpic22
January 17th, 2013, 11:30 PM
you can't do anything with it unfortunatly.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Thats not what I wanted to hear! So nothing like B3501 and B3502 in LS1 cals exists? Heck, even the lowly P10s have this table - B0333!

Ross, does this even exist in the E67s?

Yasei
April 18th, 2013, 06:50 AM
A scaler does exist. Could we have this (http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?42780-Fuel-economy-scaler) for EFILive as well please?!?

Yasei
April 18th, 2013, 04:59 PM
The E38 does have a scaler for this. The guys who have "the other tuning tool" now have a "Fuel density scaler" that can be used for correcting the DIC mileage. I'd really like to see this feature added into EFILive as well.

IJ.
April 18th, 2013, 05:22 PM
This would explain a lot since I installed my 980's ;)

x2 for this feature on E-38 cars!
(I can how ever adjust the dash in my car to get it closer to reality but would be nice to be able to do it at the ECM level)

IJ.
April 19th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Spent the morning going through the E-38 section and found this that might help>>

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?11255-Injector-flow-rate-maxxed-out-fuel-gauge-error

GMPX
April 19th, 2013, 02:16 PM
The E38 does have a scaler for this. The guys who have "the other tuning tool" now have a "Fuel density scaler" that can be used for correcting the DIC mileage. I'd really like to see this feature added into EFILive as well.
You can name the 'other tuning' software here, we aren't as precious as them

IJ.
April 19th, 2013, 02:23 PM

Almost blew a Snot Bubble out of my nose laughing :D

Redline Motorsports
April 20th, 2013, 01:52 PM

I just peed my pants! LMAO!!

joecar
April 20th, 2013, 04:21 PM
lol...

Yasei
April 21st, 2013, 02:39 AM

:grin:

Could we have this feature/table for E38 in EFILive?

GMPX
April 21st, 2013, 09:54 AM
Sure, I'll see what I can find and add it in next time I am working on those ECM's.

IJ.
April 21st, 2013, 10:08 AM
Sure, I'll see what I can find and add it in next time I am working on those ECM's.
Great start to the day :D

Tre-Cool
April 21st, 2013, 05:03 PM

Any chance of being able to add spark airflow axis editing to the early e38 06/07 os aswell. you have it available for the 09 models. B5100

ScarabEpic22
April 21st, 2013, 05:14 PM

Good news! :D

Any chance of being able to add spark airflow axis editing to the early e38 06/07 os aswell. you have it available for the 09 models. B5100

I asked already, more people asking = higher priority right?!

Unfortunately its not easy to do and I was told it wont happen in that thread.

IJ.
April 21st, 2013, 06:21 PM

Add me in to that request... can't hurt to ask!

GMPX
April 21st, 2013, 09:02 PM
I know I went over this elsewhere in another thread. Essentially it can't happen unless GM recompiles the code for us (yeah right).
The airflow axis in the early ones has a fixed start and end point and uses a totally different method of finding the values in between, they had to rewrite everything to make the variable axis work, sorry, it really would be a massive task.

IJ.
April 21st, 2013, 09:23 PM
I know I went over this elsewhere in another thread. Essentially it can't happen unless GM recompiles the code for us (yeah right).
The airflow axis in the early ones has a fixed start and end point and uses a totally different method of finding the values in between, they had to rewrite everything to make the variable axis work, sorry, it really would be a massive task.

Understood thanks for explaining I won't "whinge" ;)

How "possible" is the other request?
(something to rescale the fuel usage)

Yasei
July 22nd, 2013, 08:39 AM
Any news on this scaler?

IJ.
July 22nd, 2013, 01:40 PM
Any news on this scaler?

Not wanting to Nag but I'd really like this if it's possible thanks!

IJ.
September 9th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Can't find a section for official feature requests so I figured I'd bump this up again, surely if HP can do it we can?

Also would like to have a 1024 Gram/Sec limit for the MAF Sensor for the E38 controller, another HP "feature" I miss, thanks guys I know this isn't a priority but there are a vast number of E38 cars out there and it would be nice to get some "goodies" now and again! :)

gmh308
September 10th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Can't find a section for official feature requests so I figured I'd bump this up again, surely if HP can do it we can?

Also would like to have a 1024 Gram/Sec limit for the MAF Sensor for the E38 controller, another HP "feature" I miss, thanks guys I know this isn't a priority but there are a vast number of E38 cars out there and it would be nice to get some "goodies" now and again! :)

08 and up E38's have 3kg+ MAF scales from the factory. :)

IJ.
September 10th, 2013, 01:00 AM
08 and up E38's have 3kg+ MAF scales from the factory. :)

Thanks ya tease :D

I'm a bit "stuck" with the 06 OS.... :( I know when I had HP I could have 1024 and that was enough to make it all work with the 4" Lingenfelter MAF, not so much with 512..

Can't see why the boys can't implement it for us if HP can!!

Yasei
December 15th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Any news?

IJ.
December 15th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Any news?
I ended up buying another HP suite....

Yasei
December 15th, 2013, 09:59 AM
I ended up buying another HP suite....

Yeah, been thinking about that as well. The support for HPT seems to be quite a bit better. Looks like this feature won't come anytime soon.

IJ.
December 15th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Yeah, been thinking about that as well. The support for HPT seems to be quite a bit better. Looks like this feature won't come anytime soon.
If you know someone with HP tuners buy a couple of credits and change it then continue with your EFI-Live should be much cheaper in the long run, both suites have their good/bad points, I really needed the extended MAF range as I posted above so got another HP.

I miss being able to flash from the Dongle ditto on the extended BBL and LCD of EFI ..

Yasei
October 21st, 2014, 06:30 AM
Any news on this?

Yasei
May 2nd, 2015, 02:27 AM
Looks like this is not going to happen for EFILive?

GMPX
May 2nd, 2015, 10:26 AM
E38 & E67 calibrations have not been regenerated with any new additions since May 2014 but that was only to fix some errors.

Yasei
May 2nd, 2015, 07:18 PM
Yep, over two years "in the making"... Same goes for the AFR scaler in INVLTMP calculation. EFILive support for user requests is non-existing. Time to switch to HPTuners.

GMPX
May 3rd, 2015, 09:42 AM
EFILive support for user requests is non-existing.
Only if you are focussing on one item, there has been plenty of new things added to EFILive in the last two years that you probably don't use so therefore they don't count as far as you are concerned.

Time to switch to HPTuners.
Many tuners own multiple products so everything they need is covered, not an uncommon situation. Quite a number of HPT users have EFILive for our Virtual VE features only, just how it is.