PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Throttle Tune Conversion

samh_08
January 18th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Ive been running a DBW system on my conversion and everything works great except for I only have half the pedal travel to work with (ETC and pedal say 100% at 50% throttle.) See attached tunes for reference..

When I log all EFILives throttle PIDs here is what I get with my current tune:
1) "ETCPED" ETC Average Pedal Position (Counts): This shows 69 when ETCTP is at 100% (by my pedal is only halfway down)
2) ETCPED will keep going until 152 counts (pedal fully depressed)

When I log all EFILives throttle PIDs here is what I get with a Holden tune:
1) "ETCPED" ETC Average Pedal Position (Counts): This shows 152 when ETCTP is at 100% (the way it should be)

I have a truck tune, truck TAC module, truck throttle body, and truck pedal.

My question is, what is telling the throttle what to do in the tune? I looked at the red 'Electronic Throttle' tables and they are identical..

auspeed
June 16th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Did u find out what the problem was here?

400ss
June 16th, 2015, 03:42 PM
im almost sure TAC year doesnt match Tune year.. if you have a stock 2006 truck and you do a full flash with a 2005 or 2004 tune it will do exactly what is doing... this has happend to me like 3 times in engine swaps, i have left it like that and it works ok, exept for the throttle feel, it feels more responsive.. i dont know i havent tried but maybe you can changue the calibration of the TAC with GM tech2 or GM MDI

samh_08
June 17th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Switched to an Express Van tune and transferred EVERYTHING by hand. All is well but throttle feel is laggy compared to cable driven TB's.