PDA

View Full Version : Weird loading issues on a LLY

Sparx
January 21st, 2013, 12:07 PM
I've now loaded well over 20 tunes mostly on LLM and LLY trucks so far and never encountered this problem before. I managed to read the truck for a tune to be made by my tuner but when I went to load the tune the system hangs up and won't load. I checked and have 4 licenses left and all updates are up to date.

I have found some weird stuff on the truck. It was bought used and thought to be factory. I ran a scan on the truck and found some DTC codes not being thrown by the MIL on the dash. This has me thinking it may have be scanned and had codes bypassed somehow by an EFI Live source or other if possible? They are simple codes to do with wheel sensors, nothing too critical to the operation of the truck. The truck runs great with no issues.

I can't even activate the license on the truck and when I do try to it can get hung up not allowing the truck to start with dashes on the display of the cluster for the oil life values and such. Sometimes it will find the transimission control and not the ECU after this happens. A proper time down with the key in the off position seems to correct the problem and then the ECU can be found. This problem may be my own doing in frustration possibly.

The program has thrown these comments:
"The controller's serial number could not be retrieved successfully. The controller cannot be licensed until the serial number is valid. Performing a full-flash on the controller may correct an invalid serial number."
"Please reset controller and FlashScan/AutoCal and retry operation."
"Controller is locked with a custom key."

Having a bad feeling that I can't access the ECU now for some reason possibly due to it being licensed by another EFI Live FlashScan? I don't understand how the licensing system works completely that way. I was under the assumption any FlashScan could license the truck VIN but just at the cost of the licensing fee?