PDA

View Full Version : DSP5 questions

ryanb
January 23rd, 2013, 06:56 AM
Hi: I got a few questions, I will start by saying I am completely new at this...

Okay so I got a stock file out of my truck. I saved 2 stock copies. I converted one to DSP5. Then converted the units. I now see DSP Program 1,2,3,4, Valet Mode, DSP Output 1, DSP Staging. From here is where I am in the dark..

1. I got a bunch of script tunes from a buddy for my truck, when I open them they go into a "note pad" with all the info. Is there a way I copy and paste it into one of the DSP files?

2. I want to keep 1 stock file and then load the other 4 with the tunes I got from my buddy so which file should I not mess with so it will stay stock?

3. I know from taking an EFI class they say loaded the biggest tune first into one of the DSP files that has the most limiters (I believe that was the word he used)? Which one would that be?

Sorry for all the questions as I said before this is my first time ever doing this I appreciate any help.. Thanks

tokymon
January 23rd, 2013, 08:15 AM
do a search on scripting there is a very good write up on how to do it

tokymon
January 23rd, 2013, 09:07 AM
http://duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21494
this will give you the instructions for trippin scripts

ryanb
January 23rd, 2013, 09:13 AM
awesome I will take a look at them after work tonight and hopefully be able to get the hang of it. thanks!!