PDA

View Full Version : Known issues in V7.1.8 RC3

Blacky
February 20th, 2005, 06:48 PM
The following is a list of confirmed issues with the current release of the EFILive V7.1.8 software.
We are working on an update (V7.1.9) to fix them. The update is not scheduled for release yet.

Known issues in V7.1.8 public release

Problem:
The Tuning Tool displays calibration {C5611} with an incorrect description. The description is incorrectly displayed as: "Misfire Detection A/C Delay", it should be: "Misfire Detection Transmission Shift Delay".
Temporary workaround:
None.
Fixed in V7.1.9

Problem:
During "Black Box" data logging the three external PIDs (Two A/D voltages and the Thermocouple input) will always appear in the logged data whether you have them selected or not. If no voltage is applied to the A/D inputs, they will display garbage data and should be ignored. If no thermocouple probe is connected, it will display 0°C or 32°F.
Temporary workaround:
None.
Under investigation.

Problem:
Dashboard gauges may display incorrect values after a new PID file is loaded, and prior to loading another logged data file. The gauges should (but may not) show zero when no logged data is present.
Temporary workaround:
None.
Under investigation.

Problem:
The map property editor (Ctrl+Enter) is not enabled when no map exists in the current map page. That means you cannot create a new map if the map page has no map.
Temporary workaround:
Load a pre-existing map, then use the map property editor to change it to what you want the new map to be. use "Save as" in the map property editor to save the map with a new name - so as not to overwrite the original map.
See next issue also
Fixed in V7.1.9

Problem:
Scan Tool can't load maps into blank map pages.
EFILive displays an "Access Violation" error message when you try to load a pre-existing map into one of the map pages.
See previous issue also
Temporary workaround:
Click on one of the A, B, C or D map buttons to select the current map page before attempting to load a map.
Fixed in V7.1.9

Problem:
The DTC enablers in the Tuning Tool are missing from some 2005 calibration definition files.
Temporary workaround:
None.
Fixed in V7.1.9
Updated calibration definition files will be available on the V7 download page soon.

Problem:
Speedo calculator does not copy newly calculated values back to the calibration table when the [Save] button is clicked.
Temporary workaround:
Copy values back one at a time, manually.
Fixed in V7.1.9

Problem:
Tuning file history data is not captured correctly when the *.tun file is saved.
Temporary workaround:
If you wish to capture history modification data then...
Just prior to saving the *.tun file, open the "Modification window" (Ctrl+M). Right click and select "Select all". Right click again and select "Copy". Close the Modification window.
Then open the PCM window (Ctrl+F2) and select the [History] tab page. Scroll to the bottom and add the date and time in the following format:
Feb 27, 2005 14:42:25
And then paste the modification summary data using Ctrl+V.
After saving the file, you may need to re-visit the history page and "clean up" (i.e. delete) the failed history date/time stamp left by the most recent save.
Fixed in V7.1.9

Problem:
The Scan Tool and the Tuning Tool will either crash or hang if the License file (My Documents\EFILive\V7\USer Configuration\License.txt) cannot be opened.
Temporary workaround:
Make sure the license file exists in the User Configuration folder.
The User Configuration folder can be customized in the Scan Tool, Properties window, Folders tab page.
Fixed in V7.1.9

Problem:
If the Scan Tool and Tuning Tool are open at the same time it is possible for the most recently used *.tun file and/or the most recently used *.efi files to be forgotten. Previous versions of those files will be loaded the next time the Tuner or Scanner software is started.
Temporary workaround:
Load the required file manually using the File->Open menu option.
Fixed in V7.1.9

Problem:
Accidentally clicking on the [Save] toolbar icon would (by default) save the current changes to the tuning file, overwriting the existing *.tun file.
Temporary workaround:
Be careful that you do not overwrite data that you want to retain.
A confirmation dialog box is now displayed in V7.1.9

Problem:
Exiting the Tuning Tool when the current *.tun file has not been saved will prompt the user to "Save the file?". Selecting [Yes] sometimes will not save the file.
Temporary workaround:
Always make sure you save the file by using the [Save] toolbar icon before exiting EFILive.
Fixed in V7.1.9

Problem:
Reading of 1Mb PCMs can take up to 4 minutes.
Temporary workaround:
None.
V7.1.9 now takes advantage of exclusive FlashScan data compression techniques to optimise the PCM read process so that 1Mb PCMs are now read in around 2 minutes.

Problem:
After reading or reflashing, some vehicles are left with DTC's that cannot be easily cleared.
Temporary workaround:
Use the EFILive V7 Scan Tool to clear the codes.
Or
Remove and restore battery power to clear the codes.
Fixed in V7.1.9

Problem:
Adjustments to maps is limited to +/-100% and +/-9999 absolute.
Temporary workaround:
Apply adjustments multiple times.
Fixed in V7.1.9

Problem:
Can't change VIN and BCC.
Temporary workaround:
Use the Scan Tool to change the VIN.
No way currently to change the BCC.
V7.1.9 now allows both the VIN and BCC to be changed.

Problem:
Can't see both *.bin and *.tun files at the same time in the file open dialog box.
Temporary workaround:
Select either *.tun or *.bin in the file type drop down list.
Fixed in V7.1.9

Problem:
Full reflash of PCM is not available in Workshop or Commercial versions of EFILive.
Temporary workaround:
None
Added in V7.1.9
Not enabeld just yet!

Problem:
Some useful vehicle/PCM information is missing from the Calibration window display in the Tuning Tool.
Temporary workaround:
Use the Scan Tool to view VIN details and other PCM data.
Fixed in V7.1.9

Problem:
In some countries it is not legal to modify certain PCM parameters.
Temporary workaround:
It is the user's responsibility to ensure compliance with local laws.
Warnings have been added in V7.1.9

bink
February 20th, 2005, 09:53 PM
When can we download V7.1.8 RC3?
Cheers,
joel

Blacky
February 21st, 2005, 08:06 AM
Cheers,
joel

The link was wrong on the download page, it's all fixed now:
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_7.html

Regards
Paul

bink
February 21st, 2005, 01:30 PM
Cheers,
joel

The link was wrong on the download page, it's all fixed now:
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_7.html

Regards
Paul

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
joel

Highlander
February 24th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Where you able to fix the error i showed you??? there is no way i can make it go away on my laptop

Let me know whatever you need from my setup.

I did try setting up the scanner first w/o luck... have any older versions i can try?

Thanks a bunch..

on my desktop, works flawlessly

Highlander
February 24th, 2005, 06:15 PM
FIXED THE PROBLEM!!!!

i saw on the scanner that it couldn't find my license.txt

so.. checked the properties.. my docs folder is in another location other than what the system detected.

I changed the setting to my current my docs folder and done....!! voila!!! jejejeje THAAANKS

HTH.

Blacky
February 24th, 2005, 09:57 PM
FIXED THE PROBLEM!!!!

i saw on the scanner that it couldn't find my license.txt

I'll take a look at the processing that occurs when the license.txt file cannot be found.
Thanks for tracking it down.
Paul

Tordne
March 30th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Are you able to provide an update on when 7.1.9 will be made generally available? I know the target was end of March (and were here).

Also, has any pricing for upgrades to the Commercial version been set? And finally is there a date for the release of the Commercial version (with full reflash)?

Thanks very much.

Blacky
March 30th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Are you able to provide an update on when 7.1.9 will be made generally available? I know the target was end of March (and were here).

Also, has any pricing for upgrades to the Commercial version been set? And finally is there a date for the release of the Commercial version (with full reflash)?

Thanks very much.

We are close to release, we wanted to release by March 31 but that won't happen. We are fixing a few problems discovered during the beta tests.

We are resetting all prices for all countries to US dollars. Because the US dollar has fallen against most currencies, most prices will fall by about 10% (except prices listed in US dollars - they'll stay the same).
Once the new Commercial retail and upgrade products are loaded into the store (in the next few days) the prices will be available.

Regards
Paul