PDA

View Full Version : A little Tutorial on how to make a file that didnt come from Gm.

wait4me
March 14th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Ok, I get alot of requests to set up Vehicle combos that where not available from Gm as a valid configuration. For example, A manual 5.3L silverado, or a 4l80e camaro. ect. Well to set up a new calibration is very simple.

All that is needed to do is for you to obtain 2 files.

The first one being the file for your vehicle you want to use.

Second, Being the file that has the component that you want to transfer over.

On the second file, it must match the OPERATING SYSTEM OF THE FILE YOU ARE USING FOR YOUR VEHICLE!

Now what we are going to do is transfer over a Whole segment of the tune to the other one. It sounds hard, but is very very easy.

First, Open the tuning software and load your file for your car.

Then, Press CtrL F11 and then select the file you picked to transfer over the data. "TRANSMISSION TYPE" ect.

Ok, Now you have set it up so you can do file compares between the 2 files, and now another REALLY nice feature to allow you to transfer over the whole section of a tune.

Now, at the top menu, go to EDIT, Then go to the tab that says "Copy Entire Segment" then you just select the section you want to transfer. For example, if you want to change the transmission, then you select the transmission segment and the transmission diagnostics.

Now you just save the file and you are done. :)

Another nice reason why this is here is for us to transfer over already tuned files very quickly into another tune.

Like if we already have a file set up for a certain engine combo, we can pull up and transfer over a finished engine calibration in one click. Then just fine tune it.... :)

Sorry no pictures... :(

Wasted Income
March 14th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Sweet! Thanks for taking the time to share!

hrodgmc
March 14th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the info and the help.:wave:

GMPX
March 14th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Thanks Jesse, we do get alot of Emails on the 4L80E into 'x'

Cheers,
Ross

BowlingSS
March 15th, 2006, 04:39 AM
I will have to try this next time instead of the copy/paste method which can take a long time.

Too bad the OS's have to be the same.
Bill

joecar
April 7th, 2006, 05:39 AM
To do this to an F-body, what OS would you obtain the 4L80E segment from,
and what OS would you run (can I keep my 12202088...?)...?

XLR8NSS
April 7th, 2006, 11:30 AM
I got a good one for ya. :D

How about a file for a 4L80E/AWD setup? I keep hearing that a 4L80E/4WD file is not right for the AWD. Since both cases aren't electronically controlled(except autotrak) I don't understand what the problem is. The only thing I can think of is the VSS sensor on them outputs a different signal?

It would be REALLY awesome if you figured this out. :master: I'd buy you a beer or two dozen. :cheers:

joecar
April 7th, 2006, 11:56 AM
The only thing I can think of is the VSS sensor on them outputs a different signal?
If this is the case then the shift tables will be all wrong.