PDA

View Full Version : Boost Tables info?? - EGR on/off

turbo lcc
March 15th, 2006, 04:34 AM
I am tring to add boost to my tune and have a queston about adding it. If the EGR is disabled do I need to worry about adding boost to the EGR on tables too. My guess is no but wanted to ask before is just ASSume :D

Racehemi
March 15th, 2006, 06:57 AM
You are correct, as long as the egr has been disabled, use the Desired Boost Levels with EGR Off (A), (B), or (C) depending on your baro.

turbo lcc
March 15th, 2006, 07:04 AM
great thx for the info.. any pointers on raising the boost? Do/don't? I am looking to get ~7-10lbs driving and max at 29-31lbs

Kennedy Diesel
March 15th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Just wanted to point out that in this case, disabled means "not commanded" or disabled in the program and not externally disabled.

lakingslayer
March 15th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I just copy the modified table so both the EGR on and EGR off boost tables are the same. I have a blocker plate and electronic hardware to prevent the ECM from noticing the EGR isn't functional.

Wasted Income
March 16th, 2006, 03:27 AM
Avoid raising the boost tables for idle speeds...the turbo will sound like it's trying to make boost at idle then. I just raised most of the table by 20% last night, and wow, what a difference.

turbo lcc
March 16th, 2006, 03:46 AM
where did you move the boost from so I don't move the idle boost? Where in the tables.

My guess
Table B2206 Row 0-10 and don't change the boost on from 0-800 rpms?

Wasted Income
March 16th, 2006, 08:33 AM
that's pretty much it. I didn't change anything at low fuel flow or at anything under 1000 rpm, but I raised the rest and then smoothed the transition. Seems to be pretty good thus far. I haven't played with EFI for a couple of weeks, and I wanted to play with something, so I moved the boost up a bit. Spend a little time playing with the boost tables, and you'll probably find something you like.

turbo lcc
March 16th, 2006, 08:41 AM
I am trying to learn one section at a time and Boost it my starter :D thanks for the hints.

bobo
March 18th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Boost is fun to play with. Just make sure the psi don't go over 30psi and don't build boost too soon...it robs you of power.

GMPX
March 18th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Boost is fun to play with. Just make sure the psi don't go over 30psi and don't build boost too soon...it robs you of power.

Why is that?, certainly the old arguement point of Superchargers vs. Turbos was the Turbo never made good low down boost, but you are saying not to build boost too soon or it will rob power. Just curious....

Cheers,
Ross

turbo lcc
March 18th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Also and idea how much "TOO much" is and what RPM is "TOO LOW"

bobo
March 19th, 2006, 04:19 AM
You will feel it....It is all related to the drive pressure created by this turbo. It robs you of power, makes your EGT's raise...and is in general a bad idea. Just play with it. You will see what I mean. You will not hurt anything, but don't build 30psi at 800rpm...it is worthless. Keep the psi around 30 at WOT with a larger tune and you will be doing great. Another thing you will notice if you build boost too soon with EGR off, not blocked, and not unplugged....you can log the EGR position...it will crack open because of the drive psi at low rpm's if you have too much boost. Just play with it some. Make small changes and you will see a difference.

turbo lcc
March 19th, 2006, 04:23 AM
Great info.. Thanks.