PDA

View Full Version : brand new,Autocal Stuck on "display DTC's" screen?

undergroundak
February 5th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Yo EFI Live,

I just sold a customer an autocal (and tuned) for a 2008 acadia. Everything was done pass through with the autocal. Dropped the tunes in the autocal and then attempted to verify it would flash and it is stuck on the "display DTC's" screen. I've reformatted and started completely over with no changes.It is fully functional as a pass through but stuck on the screen.It this thing bricked? If so how do I get it repaired?

Thanks,
Nick

Blacky
February 6th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Most likely the keypad has become disconnected from the circuit board inside AutoCal.
It is fairly trivial to reconnect the keypad, but you'll need to open the device.

There's 5 screws (one underneath the "warranty void if removed" sticker.
After reconnecting the keypad, you'll need to carefully replace the top cover without dislodging the keypad again - its a very tight fit.

Opening it would normally void the warranty, but if you send me the serial number of the AutoCal, I'll make a note of it in our database so that your warranty will not be voided.

Regards
Paul

undergroundak
February 6th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Looks like that was it. You should have a reply to your e-mail with the serial shorty.

THanks,
Nick

undergroundak
February 6th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Just in case the serial is #3927090990.

Thanks,
Nick

Blacky
February 6th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Just in case the serial is #3927090990.

Thanks,
Nick

I've updated the database to record that the warranty is not void even though the sticker is removed/broken.
Regards
Paul

superwagon
February 6th, 2013, 06:32 PM
This kind of response to take care of a customer quickly makes me very happy I ordered efilive!