PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Finding A Tuner For My Brothers 6.0L

RobsDmax
February 5th, 2013, 03:34 PM
my brother has my old truck which is a 2002 gmc 2500hd with the 6.0l. its 2wd and has intake and exhaust and ive tuned the shift points up in pressure and rpm slightly. cannot seem to find anyone to increase the HORSEPOWER this thing has :laugh: but seriously he wants a bit more power on the 87 octane hes running. if possible

Always2Slow
February 7th, 2013, 07:54 AM
87 will be limiting in regards to the amount of timing you can run but if the AF is right and there is intake and exhaust work is done it should run pretty well and drive pretty well.

hog
February 7th, 2013, 09:21 AM
The HD trucks have the LQ4 6.0 and its dished pistons with 300hp360lb/ft torque. The LQ9 with 345hp/380lb/ft is the same engine save for its flat top pistons which up its c/r a bit from the LQ4's 9.4 to the LQ9's 10.0:1. The LQ4 HD trucks run dual 3" exhaust and cats and will respond very nicely to PCM tuning.
Something about the HD trucks being detuned slightly to adhere to Federal noise emmisions laws.

Timing, PE mode timers, PE multipliers will help.

peace
Hog

minytrker
February 7th, 2013, 11:58 AM
I can do a full tune through email if you have a wide band if your looking to buy a tune. If you just wanting help, post up your current tune and a log and we can get you going in the right direction.