PDA

View Full Version : Wrong ect in tables but correct in scanner and gauge???

Dale C
February 6th, 2013, 08:13 AM
I made this post last week about ignition advance http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?21434-need-help-weird-low-timing

I found the problem but not the cause all of the ECT tables are pulling from the 140c value even though scanner and gauge are showing 100c mainly b5910 and b5913

it also looks like the IAT values are incorrect pulling from the 35c values when scanner shows 1c which would be correct based off temp in dyno room day of log.
I am using the link feature to find these values. The math checks out that my timing is based off of the incorrect temp.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Thank you, Dale

joecar
February 6th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Hi Dale,

interesting...

post some screenshots.

joecar
February 6th, 2013, 10:33 AM
I see the same values in the scantool charts/gauges as the tunetool axis...

check that the scantool Data tab shows the same units as the tunetool table axes;

post some screenshots.

joecar
February 6th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Also, what V7 software build version are you using...?

Dale C
February 6th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Thanks Joe, I got the scanner straightened out ect and iat were set to f in the data tab. but still cant figure out the timing. going to log some other timing pids now. I really cant see where the advance reduction could be coming from?

joecar
February 6th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Timing is hard because there are so many tables... and some of them may have not been discovered/reverse-engineered as of yet.

smokestack
February 6th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Timing is hard because there are so many tables... and some of them may have not been discovered/reverse-engineered as of yet.

This