PDA

View Full Version : i need a STOCK FACTORY file for an 08!

C Murda
February 6th, 2013, 11:23 AM
i need an UNTOUCHED factory tune file for an 08 6.7 that someone may have backed up. im new to this so im not sure what info i may or may not need to know like PCM types or if the files are adaptable to my truck or not all i know is i have an 08 6.7 cummins 25000 Auto 4x4 short box.

EDIT: OS 11620807
Cal 62350435AZ

Robs24vCTD
February 6th, 2013, 01:42 PM
If you haven't gotten one yet, send me your email address and I'll get one to ya.

C Murda
February 6th, 2013, 01:58 PM
PM sent

cindy@efilive
February 6th, 2013, 02:57 PM
try the tune library www.tunefiledeopt.com

Cheers
Cindy

WyoFreeride
February 7th, 2013, 02:23 AM
I have a couple as well if you can't find what you need. -Joe

C Murda
February 7th, 2013, 12:13 PM
how do i find out what OS my truck is on?? like which version ECM?

Motorzane
February 7th, 2013, 01:58 PM
When you connect to the scan tool it will show you on the bottom of the screen next to your VIN

C Murda
February 8th, 2013, 09:27 AM
^^^ and just connecting before my truck is returned to a stock tune wont hurt anything right?

ScarabEpic22
February 8th, 2013, 09:49 AM
^^^ and just connecting before my truck is returned to a stock tune wont hurt anything right?

Yes, you're just reading the info from the PCM/ECM.

C Murda
February 10th, 2013, 07:01 AM
ok i cant figure any of this out... im a noob. i even tried following EFI live for dummies and their other PDFs for "getting started" but what they show for images is all wrong compared to what i have and am using as far as the actual V2 hand held. all my software is loaded and ready i registered it with the supplied reg key i plug in my V2 to my OBD2 port then plug it in to my laptop and turn the key into the "run" position. i opened the Scan tool program and i click "connect" then a pop up window comes up asking to select controller.. i assume i select "flashscan/autocal only" ??? and check off the box for automatic since i am an auto?? then what? i get a list of things validated and then a "ready" but no information as to what OS my truck is in? im just lost..

on my V2 the main screen i get:
F1 scan tool
F2 tune tool
F3 diagnostics
F4 options

so i cant even use the PDF from efi live for guidance as they say its F1 select PIDs F2 scan tool F3 tune tool F4 options...

cumminsDK
February 10th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Actually you don't want to select flash scan Auto cal only you want Cummins cm2100 ECM. Flash scan auto cal only is for when no vehicle is connected

C Murda
February 10th, 2013, 08:27 AM
ohhh ok so for my 08 6.7 i select cm2100 ECM?

i basically need a step by step on how to find out what OS my truck is so i can get a compatible FACTORY tune file. all i have done so far is register my V2 now from there i do not know what to do im told to plug it in in scan mode but then what and where do i go to look for the info i need?

Actually you don't want to select flash scan Auto cal only you want Cummins cm2100 ECM. Flash scan auto cal only is for when no vehicle is connected

Motorzane
February 10th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Connect the V2 to the truck and your computer. Open the scan tool, turn your key to the on position, click on the green button on the top left of the screen, select CM2100 for your controller, put a check in the box for automatic transmission, then select OK. Once the scan tool fully connects, you will see you VIN on the bottom of the screen. Just to the right of your VIN is the operating system in your ECM right now.

C Murda
February 10th, 2013, 09:32 AM
ok thanks! now one other question i have is will i risk my PCM crashing if im flashing in a factory tune provided by another member with the V2? reason i ask is because the truck currently has an
edge tuner installed and EFI Live made the sticky about flashing in trucks with previous tuners that were returned to "stock" and them having corrupt "stock" files. so what should i do here? i can set my edge to the stock setting but then if i reflash my PCM with this new factory tune that someone gave me will i be risking damaging my PCM?

Motorzane
February 10th, 2013, 09:39 AM
If you post up your current operating system, I'm sure someone on here will be more then happy to give you a clean stock file. I do alot of factory flashing with a factory scan tool. I'm sure I will have yours with the PTO high idle via with the cruise control enabled.

C Murda
February 10th, 2013, 10:21 AM
ok so i just did this i saw my VIN but to the right of it where it says OS it also said N/A!?!?! why is this?

Connect the V2 to the truck and your computer. Open the scan tool, turn your key to the on position, click on the green button on the top left of the screen, select CM2100 for your controller, put a check in the box for automatic transmission, then select OK. Once the scan tool fully connects, you will see you VIN on the bottom of the screen. Just to the right of your VIN is the operating system in your ECM right now.

Robs24vCTD
February 10th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Have you put your edge tuner back to stock and removed it?

C Murda
February 11th, 2013, 11:13 AM
i put it to stock but it is still in the truck. all im trying to do is find out my OS right now is the edge tuner what is stopping me from getting the information i need?

Have you put your edge tuner back to stock and removed it?

C Murda
February 12th, 2013, 04:37 AM
ok so what i did was read my PCM using the scan/tune program all i did was read it not save the file because no need to if im not going to keep it but i did get an OS number 11620807!

WyoFreeride
February 12th, 2013, 05:28 AM
I have several good stock files with that OS if you need one still, shoot me your email.

Motorzane
February 12th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Here is a factory file with your OS

ok so what i did was read my PCM using the scan/tune program all i did was read it not save the file because no need to if im not going to keep it but i did get an OS number 11620807!

Motorzane
February 12th, 2013, 10:16 AM
This is the latest OS that Chryler has been putting in these 6.7L for the 2007

And here is one for the 2009

C Murda
February 12th, 2013, 11:41 AM
should i stay away from these because ive heard and read something about them putting in a new updated flash that interferes with tuning and either stops you from tuning the truck or just makes it harder... also apparently Smarty ME tuners wont work with the new flash...

This is the latest OS that Chryler has been putting in these 6.7L for the 2007

And here is one for the 2009

Motorzane
February 12th, 2013, 01:21 PM
should i stay away from these because ive heard and read something about them putting in a new updated flash that interferes with tuning and either stops you from tuning the truck or just makes it harder... also apparently Smarty ME tuners wont work with the new flash...

All of these files were factory reflash and then tuned with EFILive. EVERY Cummins that comes in my shop gets a factory reflash before I tune it. I'm not going to be responsible for buying an ECM. Cheap insurance in my book considering I own the Factory scan tool and the subscription.

longcummins
February 26th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Great info here I will be going through this same headache this weekend.

Operator62
March 4th, 2013, 01:32 AM
I wil be trying to pull a stock file from an 08 auto. today. Just come in the shop today for deletes. No tuner ever installed! I have a couple questions though. It's been a while since I've messed with my efi live. So, I can't remember that if you read and save the stock file does it leave the ECM blank, or is it just copying the factory file from the ECM? Also, the last time my buddy used the V2 he set it up for using just the V2, as in, no pass through allowed. He couldn't remember how he did it, and I can't figure out how to get it set back up for using the V2 as a pass through. I had trouble flashing my truck a while back because of this. It simply wouldn't work. So, where are the settings I need to change to get the V2 set back up for pass through use?? Hopefully, I get a response quick cuz we'll be starting to do the deletes on this truck pretty soon today, and then it's getting a smarty...:( Our service writer sold them on that...