PDA

View Full Version : emissions

ZL1Killa
March 15th, 2006, 03:10 PM
My secondary air system is saying not ready, which it is connected and the tune is the EXACT hypertech tune, except the PE table and the spark table.
Air pump on time is 190 and all the other settings are default(stock)

ALSO the oxygen sensor heater says not ready. I deleted my rear O2's (put sims on them, and then ended up putting them to not reported)
I do not know if the heater means the front oxygen sensors, or the rear. I THINK the front. But why wouldn't they be ready???

I have a wideband hooked up and I'm reading excellent AFR across the board(~14.6 at idle and part throttle) and the car has been driven around 225+miles. Several of the 'not ready' items have become ready...do i need more driving?

ZL1Killa
March 16th, 2006, 08:02 AM
......maybe??

Black02SS
March 16th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Email me your tune and I'll take a look at it for you.

ZL1Killa
March 16th, 2006, 02:20 PM
can 01 cars run without the MAF and not have the DTC codes shown in efi live or when testing for inspection

ZL1Killa
March 18th, 2006, 04:33 AM
I THINK I FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM.

THE secondary air pump runs with the 02 heaters when the AIR PUMP runs and it performs a test by seeing the changing voltage(i think)

HAS ANYONE GOTTEN AWAY WITH PASSING INSPECTION with the AIR PUMP REMOVED

ZL1Killa
March 18th, 2006, 06:09 AM
and as my car is a 2001 it can only have 1 not ready code

BowlingSS
March 18th, 2006, 12:20 PM
and as my car is a 2001 it can only have 1 not ready code

I setup a special tune that shows everything ready and no codes. Did not need a driving cycle. I just stopped before the inspection and downloaded this tune , passed no problem. IT WAS JUST SETTING UP THE DIAG CODES TO SHOW ALL READY. I do not have AIR, MAF,CATS or O2's.

Bill
:cheers:

ZL1Killa
March 18th, 2006, 04:31 PM
pm sent to ya...need help on this as my inspection is already 3 months late.....LOL long story

BowlingSS
March 19th, 2006, 09:30 AM
pm sent to ya...need help on this as my inspection is already 3 months late.....LOL long story

Tune send. Good luck.

Bill

ZL1Killa
March 19th, 2006, 01:02 PM
now when i turned off my maf codes (to NOT REPORTED) the car didn't want to run??

Now, when i did turn the MAF codes to not reported the MAF was OFF of the car. Then I programmed the tune in and cranked the car and then it
idled funny and then cut off.

or does switching all those codes off that you sent me, Bill allow for the car to run? I saw the 02s(open loop of course), the MAF, AIR,...etc

Right now I'm going to run as is to get inspected and pass, as the AIR crap is back on.

Me and my friend are going to dial in the MAF, AFTER INSPECTION and turn off the air pump completely, so that it will never come on and cause bad readings on the wideband during dial in.
Nick Williams is running the MAF and I'm curious as to how my car will perform with it calibrated correctly, as my past dyno numbers were my best with the MAF....however if it doesn't go good, I will DEF. go Open Loop...as before the car was running fine

ZL1Killa
March 20th, 2006, 12:10 PM
how do you get the car to run without the MAF, (the DTCs set to not reported)?? my car didn't want to run after simply cutting these off

ZL1Killa
March 20th, 2006, 01:07 PM
someone.....anyone....

or do you just cut all the MAF DTC's off and its supposed to work?

joecar
March 20th, 2006, 01:36 PM
The MAF DTC's trigger the PCM to failover into SD;
without these DTC's, SD won't happen (I don't know what airlfow values get used).

ZL1Killa
March 20th, 2006, 03:05 PM
so how in the hell is BowlingSS running with his codes off...... to not reported.

I understand what you said, as that is what i was told, and I know.

ZL1Killa
March 20th, 2006, 03:28 PM
I'm being left in the dark somewhere....WTF is going on here...is it a custom os on BowlingSS 2001 camaro??

maybe...kinda...anyone know?

joecar
March 21st, 2006, 02:59 AM
From what I remember, I do believe that Bill is running COS3.

ZL1Killa
March 21st, 2006, 07:55 AM
COS3; So if i go ahead and go custom OS, then i can run without thost dern DTCs....at least i'm assuming

joecar
March 21st, 2006, 08:49 AM
I haven't been doing COS's... yet...

It would be best if you talked to Bill (BowlingSS) and Andrew (Tordne) since they have been running COS's.

DrX
March 21st, 2006, 10:46 AM
I have been wondering the same thing. I have COS3 and it won't run without the MAF if the DTCs are set to "Not Reported".

BowlingSS
March 21st, 2006, 11:18 AM
I'm being left in the dark somewhere....WTF is going on here...is it a custom os on BowlingSS 2001 camaro??

maybe...kinda...anyone know?

Yes I am running COS3. :exactly: My car ran fine with the MAF set to X but only set them to X for the inspection. They are also set to No MIL. I only drove it a couple of blocks that way. They are set to C: Non Emissions now.

Bill

Black02SS
March 21st, 2006, 11:24 AM
I can't find your email anymore. I just thought of something and want to double check it. Can you reemail me your file?

BowlingSS
March 21st, 2006, 11:30 AM
I can't find your email anymore. I just thought of something and want to double check it. Can you reemail me your file?

E-Mail sent.

Bill

Black02SS
March 21st, 2006, 11:31 AM
E-Mail sent.

Bill
Thanks Bill, but I was talking about ZL1's tune. LOL

BowlingSS
March 21st, 2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks Bill, but I was talking about ZL1's tune. LOL

Sorry about that.

Bill
:beer:

Black02SS
March 21st, 2006, 11:35 AM
I don't think a custom os has anything to do with it personally.

Black02SS
March 21st, 2006, 11:37 AM
Sorry about that.

Bill
:beer:
No worries. It actually might help this situtation.

BowlingSS
March 21st, 2006, 11:40 AM
I don't think a custom os has anything to do with it personally.

I also do not think the COS has anything to do with it but could be wrong.:exactly:

Bill

ZL1Killa
March 21st, 2006, 03:27 PM
hahahha....that was good guys.. I'll get it out to ya right now chad

Black02SS
March 21st, 2006, 03:39 PM
hahahha....that was good guys.. I'll get it out to ya right now chad
Just got it and sent you a new one back. I need to have a tune where the VE table is dialed in with the maf disabled/unplugged. If you use the tune I sent you, watch your AFR at idle and make sure it doesn't go lean. If it does, add that amount to your ve table just to get it in line for now to see if it passes the tests.

ZL1Killa
March 21st, 2006, 04:25 PM
gotcha...yeh i haven't gotten around to actually tuning the car yet as I have had school and got the car inspected yesterday(passed) and once I get down to flashing it I will be going over everything to make sure it will be ok going OL

Black02SS
March 21st, 2006, 04:38 PM
gotcha...yeh i haven't gotten around to actually tuning the car yet as I have had school and got the car inspected yesterday(passed) and once I get down to flashing it I will be going over everything to make sure it will be ok going OL
I am going to say the reason your car didn't run right was when you removed the MAF and set the codes to no reported, it wouldn't let the car fail into SD and was still looking the MAF table, causing the car to run so lean it wouldn't stay runing. That is my theory and I can check it out on my car tomorrow for you as well.

ZL1Killa
March 22nd, 2006, 01:05 AM
I really appreciate the help. Thursday I will be dialing in the MAF....with that all you have to do is disable LTFT and set the closed loop temp to a high temp....(then have your VE dialied in before hand)..then drive around and log the MAF, correct?

ZL1Killa
March 24th, 2006, 02:03 AM
I had to tune my friends 98 and I turned off the EVAP, AIR, EGR, 02 heater performance..etc like shown in BowlingSS tune he sent me(and chads) and the 98 still had the 2 not ready tests for AIR pump, and 02 heater

?? Does Paul or Ross know anything about these ready tests?

any way to get around these codes and have them read ready...obviously it has to be due to the custom OS

BowlingSS
March 24th, 2006, 12:51 PM
?? Does Paul or Ross know anything about these ready tests?
any way to get around these codes and have them read ready...obviously it has to be due to the custom OS

I did not have any ready problems with the COS 3. I removed my AIR a couple years ago.

Bill

ZL1Killa
March 24th, 2006, 06:24 PM
you say COS 3; does that mean operating system 3? I have not gone COS yet but I'm at this rate VERY interested...and I know tordne already volunteered himself to help me every step of the way.....lol.

anyway what do you mean by COS3? is that the COS from 2003 installed on your car, or what?

I remember seeing on the downloads page
custom_01_cal_20051113 for 2001
custom_02_cal_20051113 for 2002....etc for the rest of them..does that mean you have custom_03 for 2003 model??

BowlingSS
March 25th, 2006, 12:58 AM
you say COS 3; does that mean operating system 3? I have not gone COS yet but I'm at this rate VERY interested...and I know tordne already volunteered himself to help me every step of the way.....lol.
anyway what do you mean by COS3? is that the COS from 2003 installed on your car, or what?

EFILive Custom Operating System version numbers contain the following features:
Version
Feature Set
• Dual spark map speed density enabled.

• Valet option.

• Valet option.
• 2 and 3-bar forced induction enabled, but will
still work on 1-bar systems.
• Open-Loop, RPM/MAP based fuel control.
(on selected operating systems)

I am using 03.
Bill:exactly:

ZL1Killa
March 25th, 2006, 04:11 AM
gotcha....i finished looking at it last night and saw that. Right now, I'm taking the COS to be the case where it will let things be ready like they were on your car; as on my friends 98 it says the AIR and Heater are not ready and I turned them to Not Reported

ZL1Killa
March 25th, 2006, 12:06 PM
nevermind...I will play more with these DTCs and what not once I get everything tuned...at least to where i want it

hpcubed
March 28th, 2006, 07:33 AM
I think custom OS 3 should not look for the maf at all ! :grin:

How bout it Ross?

ZL1Killa
March 28th, 2006, 08:07 AM
...custom os here i come...lol