PDA

View Full Version : New FlashScan Drivers

Tordne
March 15th, 2006, 08:28 PM
I have updated the FlashScan USB drivers to the version just published in the "Please Read First" section, and have found something unusual...

Basically it seems to work fine, I can connect to the FlashScan unit and all. I haven't tried a read or flash operation yet.

What I am seeing is this:

I am able to open the Scan or Tune tool no problem and then open either a log or tune. If however I locate an open a log or tune file from Windows Explorer and have the Scan or Tune tool invoke by association then I get the Windows Installer trying to find some file to reinstall part of the product.

Quite strange and I though I'd let you know. Also, if I rename the original DLL file in C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7 back to the original file name and invoke the Scan or Tune tool from Windows Explorer it starts fine.

Cheers,

Blacky
March 15th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Hmm, it could be the installer "noticing" that the FTD2XX.DLL has "gone missing" (i.e. it has been renamed to FTD2XX_old.DLL). It may be trying to recover from what it thinks is a damaged installation.

You could try copying the FTD2XX.DLL from Windows\System32 into the \Program Files\EFILive\V7 folder.

But it could also be something entirely different.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 15th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Yes, I just tried it and that "fixes" (or should I say masks) the problem. The next release of EFILive will have an installer that fixes that problem.

Regards
Paul

Tordne
March 15th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Copied the file to the EFILive\V7 folder and it workes for me also :)

Cheers,

johnv
March 19th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Do we need to upgrade to latest drivers , or is it just a work around for problems running both EFI & HPT ?:nixweiss:

Blacky
March 19th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Do we need to upgrade to latest drivers , or is it just a work around for problems running both EFI & HPT ?:nixweiss:

No you don't need to upgrade.
It just fixes the problem where EFILive and HPT can't co-exist on the same machine.

Regards
Paul