PDA

View Full Version : 2008 6.7, wrong VIN input question

dsltnr
February 14th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Guys, I did a file for a guy and he gave me the VIN number incorrectly. One or two of the digits did not match. So, as you can imagine, it would not work and after going through the issue we went over the VIN he gave and realized the issue. Resent tune with VIN corrected and the truck started and ran fine BUT...now we have the CEL of course which I assume is from the VIN mismatch originally in the first tune. Is there any way to get this CEL off or is my only option a Dealer visit and new flash and start over? Thanks guys!

2007 5.9
February 14th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Dealer for abs/tipm vin reset.

dsltnr
February 14th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Dealer for abs/tipm vin reset.

Yep, I kinda felt that was what I was gonna have to do. I guess I was just hoping to hear a solution other than that...lol

Thanks for the reply

dsltnr
February 20th, 2013, 07:21 AM
On the ABS/TIPM reset you suggested....is there a particular code that I should be seeing for that check engine light? Is there a code for the abs/tipm vin reset that I created when I put the wrong VIN in initially?

Here is why I ask. I initially sent the tune with the wrong VIN in the tune. I then redone the tunes and entered the correct VIN and reflashed the truck. Truck runs fine now just a check engine light but when I have the customer check the code he tells me it is P0520? Does that sound right to you?

2007 5.9
February 20th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Responded to your pm