PDA

View Full Version : how to "delete tune" 08 6.7

C Murda
February 18th, 2013, 01:30 PM
im a tuning noob so i was just wondering how i would go about doing a catalytic converter and DPF delete tune? also was wondering if there is a way to "unsupport" these items? or make them view as "ready" like from a state OBD2 inspection view point? i know GM are much easier and flexible but i have a 2002 Camaro that is fully built with all emissions crap removed only running 2 of the 4 o2 sensors and when it is hooked up at the inspection station i pass with no issues at all! im wanting to know if i can do this with my Cummins too? oh and my Camaro was tuned with EFI Live.

example of things removed and "tuned out" in my camaro: catalytic converters removed, after cat O2 sensors removed, MAF removed to go speed density, EGR and air system removed i think thats it as far as emissions related items but the car ALWAYS will pass as long as i tip my buddy to ignore that fact that it rolls in on slicks and skinnies and sounds like a drag car!

cumminsDK
February 18th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Nobody is going to help you with that on here. Why would you even post that on a public forum with all the heat coming down on companies from government agencies currently? Do you have a brain? Why is it you choose not to use it? Think before you post!

C Murda
February 18th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Geeze calm down. .. what we do with our personal vehicles is our problem. The epa CANT attack some one for simply providing information n. Its like making drugs and bombs etc the info is out there cant attack people for having knowledge. This is a forum to help people out give each other information if it makes some of you more comfortable please pm me appreciate it rather than getting all testy on here.

skneeland
February 19th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Nobody is going to help you with that on here. Why would you even post that on a public forum with all the heat coming down on companies from government agencies currently? Do you have a brain? Why is it you choose not to use it? Think before you post!

thats a bit harsh. not all of us live in a EPA controlled police state....

WyoFreeride
February 19th, 2013, 06:37 AM
thats a bit harsh. not all of us live in a EPA controlled police state....

I don't really think the state you live in (as long as its the good ol USA) is the issue anymore, its the fact that's its not legal to tamper with a factory installed emissions system (and never has been), and people don't want to be associated with making those modifications on a public forum. I know I wouldn't.

skneeland
February 19th, 2013, 06:45 AM
lol,

USA = EPA controlled police state.....

regardless, the response was a bit extreme. all he had to do was ask him to request a pm for info

C Murda
February 19th, 2013, 01:34 PM
all im saying is there is nothing wrong with sharing information maybe say it in a hypothetical way or PM me back with info! i cant PM everyone on this forum looking for answers so i have to rely on making a thread and that is why forums exist to help others out! should someone have any info and is willing to help share some knowledge with me that would be greatly appreciated! im a noob and live in MA far away from all these EFIlive tuning classes and i work 12 hr shifts m-sat and cant afford to take time off but trust me id LOVe to be fortunate enough to go to a tunning class and learn for myself but as of right now that cant happen so right now i need all the info/help i can get!

oh and FUCK the EPA!

Boost
February 19th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Unfortunately, it has come to this. Sorry C Murda, I know you are just asking a question that seems innocent to you. The fact is that these type of things can turn into a shitstorm and result in futher harming our rights to do as we please with our property and lives. So your best bet is to read and research quietly and if you need help, PM people. There are many many ways to accomplish what you are looking for. There are also many way to kill - but still, certain guns are being banned. Also many ways to get high - but still, certain drugs are being banned. Get my drift? Most of us tune vehicles to run more efficiently and use less fuel / oil. Or build off road big power race cars that pollute less than with poor tuning.

I feel that if you read up on recent events / developments with the tree huggers - you will understand the responses you got.

C Murda
February 20th, 2013, 08:37 AM
ya but like i said i CANt possibly PM everyone especially whenn i dont know who knows what! so i made a thread. if someone wanted to be helpful they can read it then PM me with info. no reason to give me shit for making a post... ya i understand everything that is going on and believe me i am far from a left sided liberal tree hugger, matter of fact the first sticker to go on my rear window was a guy pissing on obama! anyways again if something i ask or anyone for that matter asks on here is risque just PM the person with an answer and dont hate on them for wanting to learn! ive searched but as we all know this forum is kinda small and very vague when it comes to searching so i can never find exact in depth answers specific to my situations.

Unfortunately, it has come to this. Sorry C Murda, I know you are just asking a question that seems innocent to you. The fact is that these type of things can turn into a shitstorm and result in futher harming our rights to do as we please with our property and lives. So your best bet is to read and research quietly and if you need help, PM people. There are many many ways to accomplish what you are looking for. There are also many way to kill - but still, certain guns are being banned. Also many ways to get high - but still, certain drugs are being banned. Get my drift? Most of us tune vehicles to run more efficiently and use less fuel / oil. Or build off road big power race cars that pollute less than with poor tuning.

I feel that if you read up on recent events / developments with the tree huggers - you will understand the responses you got.

cumminsDK
February 20th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I was harsh because of him bloating about his buddy that helps him pass the EPA test naming efilive on his car and asking how to do it on a truck and obviously he's in the USA. If he would have stated something about being in the Australian bush and his unnecessary Designed Poorly Filter leaving him stranded I would have pm'd him the necessary info!

Boost
February 20th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Yeah, sorry it got all political. Welcome to the current state of the world. You can't even sneeze the wrong way without offending someone or breaking some environmental law.

ive searched but as we all know this forum is kinda small and very vague when it comes to searching so i can never find exact in depth answers specific to my situations.

You can't be serious. This is FAR for true. In fact, this forum is a jackpot of concentrated info not only about EFILive, but tuning and GM / Cummins products as well. Many of us (I know I speak for myself at least) have absolutely depended on this forum's plainly searchable info in threads -or- the willingness of people to help through PMs and e-mail.

I know it can feel like looking for a needle in a haystack at times, but trust me you will learn in the process and come across threads / info that will be valuable to you later. You also don't want to make it obvious to those that could help you that you haven't searched.

Don't take this the wrong way but with all due respect perhaps choose your words more carefully because you almost sound like me 10 years ago...

:wallbash:

C Murda
February 22nd, 2013, 04:33 AM
I was harsh because of him bloating about his buddy that helps him pass the EPA test naming efilive on his car and asking how to do it on a truck and obviously he's in the USA. If he would have stated something about being in the Australian bush and his unnecessary Designed Poorly Filter leaving him stranded I would have pm'd him the necessary info!

ok i JUST moved to Canada wanna help now? oh and the long drive up here clogged my dpf and is causing me many issues!

this also makes me wonder what is going to happen with all the CURRENT info on this forum about emissions removal and tune ability???? are all those threads going to be locked? deleted? i mean whats the difference of it being posted years ago or now?? so this forum will become useless if no one can post about certain issues. i think some of you are taking it a bit too far. information is information there is nothing against information its what you do with it that matters. EFI Live have clearly taken the steps to protect themselves by no longer offering any NEW emissions delete adjustments. you cant regulate OLD products already in circulation. its the same concept as for examply in my state a car that is from 1994 or earlier DO NOT have to pass emissions because CURRENT emissions standards can only apply to the CURRENT "range" of year vehicle. and this year range increases with every year so basically once your vehicle is 20 or so years old the EPA can suck it!