PDA

View Full Version : newbie here flashing question

hotrod87
February 19th, 2013, 04:42 PM
hey guys im new here and very new to tuning.. why not start with a question haha. I have a lb7 that was already tuned dsp5. So I just got a v2 :) played around a little then pulled my tunes "they were not locked "and changed a few tables in my big tune. so I thought I should just have to cali flash it in.. which I did then read the tune again to see if it changed the tables and it did not so I full flashed it and that worked. but I thought it should work to just cali flash.. thanks guys

THEFERMANATOR
February 19th, 2013, 05:11 PM
hey guys im new here and very new to tuning.. why not start with a question haha. I have a lb7 that was already tuned dsp5. So I just got a v2 :) played around a little then pulled my tunes "they were not locked "and changed a few tables in my big tune. so I thought I should just have to cali flash it in.. which I did then read the tune again to see if it changed the tables and it did not so I full flashed it and that worked. but I thought it should work to just cali flash.. thanks guys

LB7's require a full flash for DSP5 changes made to any of teh DSP files. A CAL flash on a LB7 with a DSP5 will only make changes to the base file, but none of the DSP files.

Boost
February 20th, 2013, 02:42 AM
I thought you couldn't "pull" a DSP5 COS out of a Duramax ECM. Is this different with the LB7?

hotrod87
February 20th, 2013, 03:20 AM
thanks a lot I was kinda worried I didn't wanna keep full flashing if I didn't have to

THEFERMANATOR
February 20th, 2013, 05:03 AM
I thought you couldn't "pull" a DSP5 COS out of a Duramax ECM. Is this different with the LB7?

LB7 and LLY(04-05) can have the DSP5 file read out, only the BOSCH ECM cannot be read once it is a DSP5(The DSP5 files overwrite part of the read files so you can no longer read them out once they are a DSP OS). And only the LB7 cannot be CAL flashed once it is a DSP5. BUT the LB7 DSP2 can be CAL flashed.

hotrod87
February 20th, 2013, 05:10 AM
LB7 and LLY(04-05) can have the DSP5 file read out, only the BOSCH ECM cannot be read once it is a DSP5(The DSP5 files overwrite part of the ead files so you can no longer read them out once they are a DSP OS). And only the LB7 cannot be CAL flashed once it is a DSP5. BUT the LB7 DSP2 can be CAL flashed.

Good to know.. now how about my other lb7 that hasnt been tuned.. pull the stock tune. Then can i just change vin number in my dsp5 tune and flash it in?? Also my screen name on all the dmax forums is Bluecollar maybe u seen me around

THEFERMANATOR
February 20th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Good to know.. now how about my other lb7 that hasnt been tuned.. pull the stock tune. Then can i just change vin number in my dsp5 tune and flash it in?? Also my screen name on all the dmax forums is Bluecollar maybe u seen me around

Is it an 01-02, or 03+? 01-02 trucks can all run the 02 OS, but 03-004 LB7's really need to use the stock tune as your base file. 03-05 trucks don't take well to having tune files in them with incorrect segments in them.

hotrod87
February 20th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Is it an 01-02, or 03+? 01-02 trucks can all run the 02 OS, but 03-004 LB7's really need to use the stock tune as your base file. 03-05 trucks don't take well to having tune files in them with incorrect segments in them.

their both 03s

THEFERMANATOR
February 20th, 2013, 08:06 PM
their both 03s

Take the stock tune from the other truck and convert it to a DSP5. Then Open the stock tune you just converted to a DSP5 and open it, next go to the compare tab and select the modified DSP5 tune and open it. Now you can go into the compare window and make all of the tables in the stock tune to those of the modified and save it. And then you will have a DSP5 for the other truck. 03-05 trucks are VERY picky about the tune file you run in them, and you should ALWAYS start with the stock base file for that truck when making a tune for one.

Boost
February 20th, 2013, 11:53 PM
thanks for the info!

hotrod87
February 21st, 2013, 03:23 AM
ok thanks a lot... I believe it might be easier learning how to work on these trucks than it is tuning haha.. im gonna keep playing :) and hopefully hit up the central iowa efi live class if it happens

tokymon
February 21st, 2013, 09:18 AM
also do a search on scripting if the operating systems happen to be diffrent

hotrod87
February 21st, 2013, 04:30 PM
thanks I really appreciate the help