PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with vss and pnp input not working, please

wwaveforms
February 19th, 2013, 05:46 PM
I've done enough searching and experimenting to drive my wife crazy but cant find a fix for two issues. I've got a stand alone e38 os 12628990 and an early 4l80 (so no pnp switch) with a manual valve body (no tcm) in a c4 Corvette (no bcm). Problem one is that I dont get any reaction to grounding the pnp wire, pin c1, directly or through a 1k resistor (I'm sure if it needs a resistor that would be too high though). I don't see a pid for monitoring the park input on the e38, but I get a "not in park/neutral" message when I try to do a case relearn. The second problem is the vss. I've got the vss wired to pins c71 and 72 but the e38.vss pid shows 0 and the sae.vss shows 158mph. I know the vss works because I've hooked it up to the cluster directly, but the speedo ofcourse pegs quickly being designed for the old 700r vss ppm. I have the vehicle speed output signal 1 set to pulse and output 2 to yes but I'm not sure if theres any output at pin 57. I've wired it to the vss input of the instrument cluster, but since theres only the one vss output pin on the e38 I've ground the other cluster vss wire, but the speedo sits at zero. Any insite on either of these issues whould be apprecieted.