PDA

View Full Version : High end spark missing in action

HellKnightHicks
February 22nd, 2013, 05:42 PM
Ive got a built 383 with a healthy cam and marine intake..... and a 411

Im losing spark really bad up high and im not sure why.

There are the log files with the spark pids in them.

Im fairly new at this and dont really know how to read the data out of them.

Any help is appreciated.

Ah yea heres the tune while im at it.14627

Thx

HellKnightHicks
February 23rd, 2013, 04:21 PM
Looks like
i've narrowed it down to BTM from the logs. But seeing as its already disabled why is the PCM still applying it?

Here is my current tune 14641

Any help would be appreciated.

Supercharged111
February 23rd, 2013, 07:03 PM
Here's a screenshot of the BTM PID with RPM vs MAP, it's pretty atrocious and the bigger part of where his spark is going I'm sure. Attached is the only tune with that BTM spark PID included. Hicks your other spark logs include everything but BTM, I was racking my brain trying to open a more recent log for a newer BTM screenshot but had to use the same one as GMTC. I should note that these values are the averages, not the highs or lows.

HellKnightHicks
February 24th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Lol yea I wanted to drop the number of things I was logging asks thought for sure it wasn't btm cause I disabled it.

I can ruin another log with it for you if need be lol

HellKnightHicks
February 27th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Ive made some more changed and disabled Burst knock... or at least i think I have disabled burst knock... I made a couple more changes as well.

I havent had a chance to run this tune and see how it does but I figured if someone was coming into help that i should at least provide what im currently working with.

Thanks

joecar
February 27th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Thanks for updating.

joecar
February 28th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Did disabling BKR reduce the drop in SPARKADV...?

HellKnightHicks
March 1st, 2013, 05:26 AM
Did disabling BKR reduce the drop in SPARKADV...?

yup made a huge difference... I think im still losing a little timing up high but nothing like i was. Im not really good at reading these logs. Ill post up my next log and you can take a look. But the changes in that last tune really helped out a whole lot.

HellKnightHicks
March 11th, 2013, 01:29 AM
now im getting a code for the Knock Sensor at low Fewquency. Im guessing that I should make some adjustments to the knock sensor tables to accomidated for the 383 rotating assembly and that medium sized cam?

How does one do that. lol

Thanks for your help.

Supercharged111
March 11th, 2013, 01:00 PM
now im getting a code for the Knock Sensor at low Fewquency. Im guessing that I should make some adjustments to the knock sensor tables to accomidated for the 383 rotating assembly and that medium sized cam?

How does one do that. lol

Thanks for your help.

You sure you don't still have real knock?

HellKnightHicks
March 12th, 2013, 02:11 AM
I really couldnt tell you I dont know enough about it.