PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Ecotec 2.2 liter basic questions

BagD72Chevy
February 23rd, 2013, 12:10 PM
To start I have a V2 and I've done a good bit of v8 tuning but I'm curious about 4 cyl support.

I'm looking to purchase a 2002 cavalier engine, harness, and ecu (p11 I assume) for a hotrod project.

Before purchasing I would like to confirm that I can flash it with a manual trans tune, disable vats, and possibly a few MIL codes. The p11 doesn't seem largely supported but can I perform these basic changes?

Thanks,
Ryan

ScarabEpic22
February 24th, 2013, 01:16 PM
The 4cyl files I have (all 2 of them) from 2002 are P08s, they look just like a LS1 PCM.

You can definitely do VATS and codes. I know full flashing isnt supported on these PCMs, so if you want to flash a manual tune you'll need to use a Tech II or buy a PCM that is from a manual vehicle.

BagD72Chevy
February 26th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the response. I wasnt sure if the car is in fact a P11 but I think I'll grab the eng and harness from the yard, a computer off ebay and then repin as necessary. I'm just glad I dont have to use a PassKey bypass box or something to get around VATS because I've seen them fail before.

Thanks,
Ryan

ScarabEpic22
February 26th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Sure thing, if you can grab one from a manual then you should be able to wire it up, kill VATS, kill codes, and be on your way. Let us (me) know how it goes!

BagD72Chevy
February 26th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Sounds like a plan, it will probably be a week or so before I get to pull the engine but I should be able to get it running on a stand in short order.