PDA

View Full Version : 98 PCM options

Techfan
March 17th, 2006, 08:12 AM
I have been reading for days and have learned a lot and put it to good use (read better power and 2 MPG so far). I'm still unclear about the options for a 98 C5. Looking down the road at needing to be able to go to 2 bar. Can the PCM be changed to a later model unit by changing the pinouts or an adaptor, then upgrade the OS?
Thanks in advance
Skip

Black02SS
March 17th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Yes. You can change out the harness and a few other things to a 99+ PCM. I don't know what all is actually involved, but a company www.ls1speed.com sells a conversion kit for this I do believe. Then you would be able to do any custom os you wish as long as you have commerical.

Techfan
March 17th, 2006, 09:20 AM
I am sorry but we do not have anything available.

Jon

Speed Inc

847-891-0767x112

http://www.speedinc.com

:help2: :nixweiss:

Any other thoughts? anyone

Black02SS
March 17th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Really.. I wish I could help you.

Techfan
March 17th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Thanks Black02SS.
Maybe someone will respond later.

ToplessTexan
March 18th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Aside from just the differences in pinouts, there are potential issues with the protocols over those physical interfaces as well. The C5 in particular is more complicated as you're dealing with ETC, EBTCM, etc. There's a little background work going on with custom OS support for the '98s but it's not the highest priority item in the queue. It's probably also aimed at N/A for now. FI and the 97/98s isn't as easy as it could be.

Techfan
March 18th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Aside from just the differences in pinouts, there are potential issues with the protocols over those physical interfaces as well. The C5 in particular is more complicated as you're dealing with ETC, EBTCM, etc. There's a little background work going on with custom OS support for the '98s but it's not the highest priority item in the queue. It's probably also aimed at N/A for now. FI and the 97/98s isn't as easy as it could be.

Thanks for the info.
Sounds like a trade is in order unless I go a different route.

GMPX
March 23rd, 2006, 03:09 AM
Years ago I had a TransAm with Cross-fire injection :Throwup:
I feel your pain, everyone had mods for the TPI, but not the two year run x-fire......mind you, I am now on the other side of the fence so I understand why things are not done for short run models.
Maybe one day, but it is not too high up on the list to do a 2bar 1998 PCM.

Cheers,
Ross