PDA

View Full Version : 4.8 DBW w/5 speed tune

LS-SWAPPER
March 3rd, 2013, 04:50 AM
Does anyone have a stock tune for a lS1B LR4 with drive by wire and a 5 speed? That setup did exist straight from GM but there isn't anything on Tunefiledepot.com. I attempted to make my own using a manual trans segment and this file...

2004 Silverado Truck Automatic 4.8 Litre (LR4) 12587603 (PCM) LS1B 725 K

but I'm not sure if that 2004 file is for DBW (2004 should be!). I'm not at my tuning computer at the moment so maybe I need to go back and look closer.

ScarabEpic22
March 3rd, 2013, 08:06 AM
A friend of mine has one, but he's 4+ hours away from me.

Shouldnt be too hard to seg swap if you can find a Vette file for the same OS. I seg swapped an 04 Escalade with a Vette trans calibration so it shouldnt be too bad.

What are you trying to do with this, trans swap in a truck or is it a conversion?

LS-SWAPPER
March 3rd, 2013, 08:27 AM
I agree it shouldn't be too hard, but something isn't right at the moment. I loaded the 2004 LR4 tune I mentioned above with a vette manual trans segment, it was the only combination that would work out of the tunes on TFD. I have the harness and computer connected to a test mule engine that is sitting on my engine dyno. Everything fires up and idles fine, but the DBW pedal has no effect on the throttle body. The TB blade is moving some as it performs its idle air control functions, so all that is good. When I originally posted this I wasn't at my tuning computer to see if the 2004 tune I loaded actually was for DBW. Now that I'm at the shop and have looked through it I see that it actually DOES have the DBW folder. So Perhaps there is a problem with my harness or with the T.A.C. or DBW pedal assembly that came with the harness and computer. I'm going to do some wiring trouble shooting now...

Yes it is a complete motor swap, none of this will be going back in the original truck.

LS-SWAPPER
March 3rd, 2013, 09:07 AM
Ok, I went ahead and made the necessarily changes to the STOCK 2007 LR4 tune that came out of this ECM. I turned off vats and the other simple things to make it fire up on the engine stand. The 4l60e trans segment was left alone, just trying to make the gas pedal work for now. I loaded it back into the ecm and fired up the motor. The DBW pedal works fine, everything runs and idles as it should. So that puts me back to the 2004 LR4/vette trans segment tune that I had put together. Something in it isn't allowing the DBW pedal to do its thing. Admittedly I am more familiar with DBC than I am DBW, I just haven't done that many of them yet. Can someone talk a look at the file I put together and see what the holdup is? For what it's worth I wasn't done with the file, still had a few things left to tweak so there are probably quite a few obvious issues with it. For now though I'm only concerned with something that would keep the DBW pedal from working. THANKS!

LSxPwrdZ
March 5th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I actually tuned one of these trucks a few years ago I don't recall the exact year model but it was an early 2000's truck. I'll dig around and see if I can find the calibration. I tuned it using HPT so to keep it format friendly I'll flash that to a PCM on the bench and read it back out with EFILive... give me a day or so to dig around and find it. You may shoot me an email to James@ShorTuning.com as well to remind me so I don't forget haha.

joecar
March 5th, 2013, 01:24 PM
James, thanks for your help.

LS-SWAPPER
March 5th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Thanks James, I'm hoping it was maybe an 03 or 04 so it would (possibly) have the drive by wire setup. Even if it is drive by cable maybe the OS is something that I can use the trans segment from and patch in with a different tune. Either way I would love to have it, anything will help at this point! If I haven't heard from you towards the end of the week I will email you. I appreciate the help!

minytrker
March 6th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Here is stock 4.8 dbw with 5 speed

LS-SWAPPER
March 6th, 2013, 06:25 AM
^^^AWESOME! Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

LS-SWAPPER
March 7th, 2013, 05:36 AM
It worked like a champ. MUCH APPRECIATED!

minytrker
March 7th, 2013, 09:36 AM
No problem

96HawkCnvt
July 3rd, 2013, 01:58 AM
It worked like a champ. MUCH APPRECIATED!

I realize this thread is a bit old, but came up with it doing a search. It was my understanding that the DBW setup changed in 2006 and that the TAC, TB, Pedal and PCM (well, the file inside the PCM) must all match. In this case, I would have expected a need for a 2006 or 2007 file to make the DBW work. It seems from this success that I've been misinformed. And I'm pretty sure that I had tried a 2005 DBW file in my project and it didn't work. Can anyone please shed more light on this?

Thanks!

Taz
July 3rd, 2013, 02:29 PM
Some of the parts changed in 2006. The APP went from a 10 pin connector (only 6 pins were used) to a new 6 pin connector - like the Gen IVs that would follow used.

The TAC module itself was different - one of the connector types was changed.

As far as tune compatibility goes, it has been awhile since I played with that. If memory serves, I could not get 2006 parts to work with a 2005 tune.