PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded 99 and 00 OS to 02 Z06, some problems, etc.

ArKay99
March 19th, 2006, 10:09 AM
My freind Blacktop2000 and I upgraded our cable to the commercial version because we wanted to upgrade our 'old and outdated' OS's, 99 and 00, to something newer. We used an 02 Z06 as our 'new' OS. The cable upgrade went flawlessly.
After we hand edited the tables we needed changed, we have h/c vettes, we flashed the new system with our changes. The first thing that happened was a 'Change Oil Now' warning and after the start a P1336, but we had Preserve Case Info checked. We reset the oil life marker and did a CASE relearn and all was well again. The same thing happened on my car:nixweiss: . What we have noticed in trying to zoom in on the idle is before the upgrade our IAC was around 35-40 steps, now they are at 310 and won't move. We have a friend with an 02 Z06 and his IAC is the same. Our idle transitions were almost flawless before the upgrade, but now we are having a hard time getting them dialed in. I'm wondering if the IAC was 'helping' us, and if this is something that was removed in the later OS's.
Any ideas?

TAQuickness
March 20th, 2006, 03:18 AM
when you upgrade from an non '02 os to the 02 os, you will need to go table by table and transfer all your calibration data. Due to the differences in the operating systems, not all of the old tables exist in the new OS, and there will be tables in the new OS that don't exist in the older OS.

ArKay99
March 20th, 2006, 04:03 AM
I understand that I have to copy my tables manually, we have done that. Sorry for not being clearer with that. What I am asking specifically is if someone knows if the IAC control was removed for drive by wire cars such as the 02 Z06. We pretty much have copied all the relevant tables in the OS and tweaked some of the ones that aren't common to both. I just seems odd that the PID GM.IAC doesn't move like it used to. It's pinned at 310. Should we be looking at a different PID such as GM.IACDES? Is this something I should forget about and look in a different area?
Thanks for the response so far. :thankyou2:

TAQuickness
March 20th, 2006, 05:56 AM
you should still have IAC control; however, ETC will manipulate the TB blade rather than an IAC motor. I'm kinda at a loss not being in front of the vehicles in question. Maybe someone else with more ETC IAC experience will step in.

bink
March 20th, 2006, 06:52 AM
I understand that I have to copy my tables manually, we have done that. Sorry for not being clearer with that. What I am asking specifically is if someone knows if the IAC control was removed for drive by wire cars such as the 02 Z06. We pretty much have copied all the relevant tables in the OS and tweaked some of the ones that aren't common to both. I just seems odd that the PID GM.IAC doesn't move like it used to. It's pinned at 310. Should we be looking at a different PID such as GM.IACDES? Is this something I should forget about and look in a different area?
Thanks for the response so far. :thankyou2:

GM.IACDES is the PID for ETC. GM.IAC doesn't work.
:cheers:
joel

ArKay99
March 20th, 2006, 07:24 AM
GM.IACDES is the PID for ETC. GM.IAC doesn't work.
:cheers:
joel
Thank you Joel. I guess I proved it! Interesting that it worked in the older OS's. :coool:

bink
March 20th, 2006, 11:10 AM
You're welcome.
I didn't know that GM.IAC worked in the older OSs!!

Cheers,
joel