PDA

View Full Version : RoadRunner and EFILive Rocks!

Black02SS
March 19th, 2006, 12:59 PM
I received my RoadRunner PCM and hooked it up to my car to just play with a few things. To my suprise, setup was really easy and straight forward. In 15mins I was up and runing. Had my buddy drive while I changed a few settings. Not bad for the first time. Everything was instant.

I had to tune two cars this weekend, one being a "Highly Modified" 2000 Camaro and the other a basic bolt on 1999 SS. The RoadRunner PCM made tuning these much easier. The drivability issues with the 2000 were pretty bad to start, but after changing things and seeing instantly if the car liked it was awsome. Being able to dial in the drivability like this is simply pricess.

Thanks Guys!

Tordne
March 19th, 2006, 01:20 PM
I used one this weekend also (not mine sadly). It is totally awesome and is now VERY high on my priority list :)

TAQuickness
March 19th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Rub it in Chad!

Tordne
March 19th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Rub it in Chad!

That is so going to be the next thing I buy, seriously!!! It was just nuts how cool that thing is and how much time etc. it saves!!!

TAQuickness
March 19th, 2006, 10:38 PM
That is so going to be the next thing I buy, seriously!!! It was just nuts how cool that thing is and how much time etc. it saves!!!

So the cam will be on hold for a while?

Black02SS
March 19th, 2006, 10:42 PM
You have no idea how much faster this is to use. This make tuning a lot quicker.

joecar
March 20th, 2006, 04:06 AM
I have to serously reconsider my budget...

bink
March 20th, 2006, 05:55 AM
You have no idea how much faster this is to use. This make tuning a lot quicker.
How much faster??

:cheers:
joel

Tordne
March 20th, 2006, 07:05 AM
So the cam will be on hold for a while?

I'm thinking so. This was amazing man, I was much more impressed with it that I thought I would be!!! The interaction with the EFILive Tune Tool is just completely transparent.

Still want a cam though... Although the trouble I had on the first attempt tuning one, I'm not so sure anymore ;)

Tordne
March 20th, 2006, 07:07 AM
How much faster??

:cheers:
joel

I used this in the weekend and we messed with a bunch of tables (IAC effective area, throttle cracker, desired airflow, desired idle speeds, etc.) all while the car was running. If we had wanted to change all of these and ultimately gauge the effect of each change we would have spent considerable time waiting for the 30 seconds (which is quick anyway) to flash the car each time.

This thing is just nuts!

bink
March 20th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Thanks!
It seemed to me that I spent more time turning off the car and hooking up than anything else.
Roadrunner seems so easy.....like spinning the dials to see what works.

Redline Motorsports
March 20th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Chad,

Are you using the RR unit in a car and then using that tune back in the customers PCM??

Does it make sense to buy a unit and use it on multiple cars for the actual tuning??

HT

ChipsByAl
March 20th, 2006, 02:29 PM
HT that is one way it can be used. The RR unit can stay in your personal vehicle or just temporary in a customers. As long as you have a license to program the customers PCM then just transfer the final tune to his PCM.
Al

Black02SS
March 20th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Chad,

Are you using the RR unit in a car and then using that tune back in the customers PCM??

Does it make sense to buy a unit and use it on multiple cars for the actual tuning??

HT
Yup, that is EXACTLY how I do it. I will tell you Howard it is a HUGE difference. Idle issues are a thing of the past. I knew it would be nice to have, but I really didn't think it would be like this to be honest. It really is worth the money.