PDA

View Full Version : tow haul mode 2 tunes?

cabelas90
March 5th, 2013, 05:25 PM
First off ill just say this is just a crazy thought in my head and my curiosity! I have a 05gmc 1500 5.3 is it posable using the tow haul or any other methode to have 2 extremly diffrent tunes to the extrem of a none turbo econ mode to the other of a punk smashing turbod with exaust cutouts and creative plumbing and the flip of a few switches engage a turbo and tune to match? Just a crazy thought that i would like to know if its possable?

ScarabEpic22
March 5th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Not really, all tow/haul mode does is use a different shift pattern/pressure/shift times/TM/etc. Nothing to do with the engine operation last I checked.

hog
March 6th, 2013, 03:18 AM
It is possible to load more than 1 tune on a PCM, depending on the PCM.

http://www.dualflash.com.au/index.php?categoryid=8

peace
Hog

ScarabEpic22
March 6th, 2013, 03:44 AM
It is possible to load more than 1 tune on a PCM, depending on the PCM.

http://www.dualflash.com.au/index.php?categoryid=8

peace
Hog

True, forgot about this Hog. But, its not Tow/Haul mode related and you have to turn the vehicle off to use that. Still, pretty cool stuff.

andysc3
March 6th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Flip a switch to engage a Turbo? I guess you could if you did a cutout and put the turbo after the cutout but then you wouldn't have a way for the engine to breath since the turbo has the filter on it. Why not just add a turbo to it? Trick performance products makes custom front mount turbo kits for the gm trucks. His work is top notch and not expensive for what you get

cabelas90
March 6th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Flip a switch to engage a Turbo? I guess you could if you did a cutout and put the turbo after the cutout but then you wouldn't have a way for the engine to breath since the turbo has the filter on it. Why not just add a turbo to it? Trick performance products makes custom front mount turbo kits for the gm trucks. His work is top notch and not expensive for what you get

Well my thoughts on this is it dont have to be tow haul mode any way to switch it would be nice! And on the turbo wile not really the most cost effective would be with 4 cutouts 2 on the exh and 2 on the intake. seems kinda like the ultimate sleeper setup and diffrent from anything ive ever heard of!

andysc3
March 6th, 2013, 06:03 AM
That seems very complicated and if one thing doesn't work you could trash your motor. A trick stage 3 starts at around 4k. Is very reliable and can be very quite for the stealthy ride that you want

hog
March 6th, 2013, 09:23 AM
True, forgot about this Hog. But, its not Tow/Haul mode related and you have to turn the vehicle off to use that. Still, pretty cool stuff.

Yes you are correct, that is NOT Tow/Haul related.

peace
Hog