PDA

View Full Version : Scanner opening with same vin and op system and gearbox

oztracktuning
March 20th, 2006, 10:28 PM
How do i get the Scanner opening with same vin and op system and gearbox. Each time i have to load the cars info and then click on VIN and add the details again.

How can i just do it once and for all?

oztracktuning
April 1st, 2006, 11:04 AM
Its still doing the same - it would be good if the scanner would just open up ready for my car each time???

Tordne
April 1st, 2006, 11:51 AM
Try pressing the picture of the face behind the blue car (default customer details), or access by CTRL+D. Enter all your details and press the "Save" button.

I did this ages ago and mine seems to open with my details all the time. Except, under some circumstance I can't isolate I sometimes have to Update VIN and enter the OS number again and again. Haven't had to do this for a little while so perhaps Paul fixed this in one of the latest builds.

Cheers,

Blacky
April 2nd, 2006, 12:25 AM
EFILive should open up with whatever the last VIN was that was loaded.
If you open a log file from a vehicle with a different VIN, then close the software, the next time you start the Scan Tool it will start with that VIN.

Sometimes a PCM has no VIN and that causes a few problems since EFILive does not "know" which VIN to use.

Make sure the PCM has a VIN - check the messages for a valid VIN in the [Console (F12)] tab page when the connection is first made to the vehicle - it shows all the info that EFILive is extracting from the vehicle during the connection process.

Regards
Paul

purrvert
April 2nd, 2006, 01:23 PM
I only log my own car, the required Platform is always blank, Operating system is mostly blank, the Vin comes up complete and when I add the Y Platform the Vin privatizes although it's not selected to do that. Any ideas?

joecar
April 3rd, 2006, 07:33 AM
When I open a log file (which was saved from a BB log), the bottom bar on the scan tool shows the correct VIN but the OS and trans. revert to blank and manual.

purrvert
April 3rd, 2006, 08:43 AM
When I open a log file (which was saved from a BB log), the bottom bar on the scan tool shows the correct VIN but the OS and trans. revert to blank and manual.

Ditto. I can enter my info and when I load a log file only the vin remains.

GMPX
April 3rd, 2006, 10:00 AM
I will look into it - sounds like there could be a problem.

One thing to note - in the Enter VIN window, it shows "Required" next to the Platform. That is wrong, the "Required" should be next to the VIN. The Platform dropdown listbox is only a quick way to select a compatible/default VIN for that platform and is definitely not mandatory.

Regards
Paul(Using Ross' login)

joecar
April 3rd, 2006, 10:25 AM
Paul(Using Ross' login) I was wondering for a moment if Ross was now writing Windows code... :bash: :eek: :Eyecrazy: :D