PDA

View Full Version : Sending tunes to autocal

SPi
March 8th, 2013, 01:16 AM
I have been tuning with EFI Live for almost 8 years now, and have never had the opportunity to use an autocal. Am I able to send somebody a tune via email, for an autocal that they have purchased from and received tunes from another tuner??

Thanks

darcy
March 8th, 2013, 01:29 AM
No.
Autocal will only work with tunes created by the master Flashscan V2 it is linked to.

SPi
March 8th, 2013, 02:16 AM
If this autocal was sent to me, would I be able to link it to my flashscan or is it permanently locked to the original tuner?

Thanks for the response

ScarabEpic22
March 8th, 2013, 05:44 AM
If this autocal was sent to me, would I be able to link it to my flashscan or is it permanently locked to the original tuner?

Thanks for the response

In order to use an AutoCal, it must be permanently locked to the tuner's master FS V2. The only way an AutoCal can flash a tune is with an embedded FS V2 serial number and once the AutoCal is linked to a FS V2, it cannot be changed.

SPi
March 8th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the replies guys!

cindy@efilive
April 30th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Our April 2013 public release software features AutoCal unlinking.

In simple terms the original FlaschScan V2 used to link to the AutoCal is required to perform the unlinking. Once unlinked, the AutoCal is free to be relinked to another FlashScan V2 device.

An explanation on how this feature works is contained in our April 2013 newsletter http://myemail.constantcontact.com/EFILive-April-Newsletter.html?soid=1109942844716&aid=CB39684oDlg

Cheers
Cindy

Quinton
June 14th, 2013, 08:55 AM
I heard different? Heard that you CAN send tunes via email after you link it to your v2? One other how do you upload tunes on to the autocal? I can't figure it out! And how many dsp5 tunes can it hold?

cindy@efilive
June 14th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I heard different? Heard that you CAN send tunes via email after you link it to your v2? One other how do you upload tunes on to the autocal? I can't figure it out! And how many dsp5 tunes can it hold?

Tunes can be sent via email, however the only tunes that can be loaded are tunes created by the Flashscan V2 linked to that Autocal.

Autocal has a capacity of holding 5 tunes at any one time.

As to your question on how do you upload tunes, are you the Tuner with the V2 or the End User with the Autocal? There are documents for both under the document/tutorial section of our website.

Cheers
Cindy

Quinton
June 17th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Tunes can be sent via email, however the only tunes that can be loaded are tunes created by the Flashscan V2 linked to that Autocal.

Autocal has a capacity of holding 5 tunes at any one time.

As to your question on how do you upload tunes, are you the Tuner with the V2 or the End User with the Autocal? There are documents for both under the document/tutorial section of our website.

Cheers
Cindy

Is there a URL you could post for the tuner part instructions on a autocal? Not sure if I'm loading the tunes right because its not showing anything on the autocal after I put them on there through efilive explorer.

joecar
June 17th, 2013, 04:31 AM
EFILive AutoCal Info For 20Tuners.pdf (http://content.efilive.com/documents/EFILive%20AutoCal%20Info%20For%20Tuners.pdf)

Quinton
June 17th, 2013, 04:58 AM
EFILive AutoCal Info For 20Tuners.pdf (http://content.efilive.com/documents/EFILive%20AutoCal%20Info%20For%20Tuners.pdf)

Yes I've read that but it doesn't explain how to load tunes and pid's. I don't know if I've got them on there or not. I did everything I could find looking through the forum but it still says the same as when I first plugged the autocal in.

joecar
June 17th, 2013, 05:51 AM
I don't know much about AC (I don't use it)...

you should be able to use EFILive Explorer to see if you got tunes onto AC... also, doesn't V8 show if you have tunes on AC...?

Quinton
June 17th, 2013, 09:51 AM
I don't know much about AC (I don't use it)...

you should be able to use EFILive Explorer to see if you got tunes onto AC... also, doesn't V8 show if you have tunes on AC...?

That's what I thought, it shows with the v2 but not the autocal.