PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Camaro E38 - Tuning and warranty

1BadAction
March 8th, 2013, 05:35 AM
I have everything ready to read and modify my tune, but before I flash the original ECM, I need to know if the dealer can tell if I follow the below procedure.

Read my factory tune.
Save it as OG_Camaro.tun
Modify it, save it as Mod_Camaro.tun
Write the modified tune to my ECM.
IF the car goes in for warranty work, flash the OG_Camaro.tun to the ECM before I take it.

If they can still tell if I do it like that, I'll buy a spare ECM.

1BadAction
March 8th, 2013, 05:39 AM
BTW, before this gets out of hand, as I know these threads do. This is a M6 SS Camaro 1LE, most likely all I'm doing is eliminating the skip shift. Spare me the "if you want a warranty don't tune it" lecture. It's not like I'm going to go nuts on the tq management of an automatic car...

joecar
March 8th, 2013, 08:59 AM
The dealer will see that your CVN's are different than the database, so he will reflash your PCM.

joecar
March 8th, 2013, 09:00 AM
The dealer may also (at his discretion) replace the PCM and send your one to GM headquarters for analysis.

1BadAction
March 8th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Ok, thank you jocar, that's all I needed to know. I'll do what I need to do. :thumbup:

tokymon
March 8th, 2013, 10:00 AM
be carefull they will be able to tell how much torque has gone though the trans. this is how they were catching the duramax that were tuned and returned to stock before warranty
we dont have axcess to reset this paramater i have never tried unpluging to reset

ringram
March 8th, 2013, 11:13 AM
You got to pay to play.
I see no issue with GM voiding drive-train warranties under that situation.