PDA

View Full Version : Another emissions question

slowhawk
March 21st, 2006, 12:24 PM
The answer didn't seam very distinctive in the other thread so I figured I'd ask.

Can you run SD and still pass a plug in emission test? I'm asking because alot of my customers are pushing the SD but we have the plug in test here and don't want to offer it if there car will fail inspection.

FYI, I do have the workshop edition.

Thanks
Don

turboberserker
March 21st, 2006, 01:11 PM
Yes, but not without a special tune ;) No inspection here, but there are a few guys that load a tune in the inspection parking lot... No maf, no o2s, etc., and pass.

heh... just read the other thread you refer to Don. That's the same info I've got.

slowhawk
March 21st, 2006, 01:41 PM
Yes, but not without a special tune ;) No inspection here, but there are a few guys that load a tune in the inspection parking lot... No maf, no o2s, etc., and pass.

heh... just read the other thread you refer to Don. That's the same info I've got.

The catch is I can't be changing 100+tunes in the parking lot when they go for inspections. I just wanted to know if a permenent tune will pass.:)

dfe1
March 21st, 2006, 01:46 PM
In my experience, the plug-in emissions tests simply look for DTCs and check to make sure all applicable readiness tests pass. If the DTCs you're concerned about are set to "not reported", then all readiness tests should pass and with no DTCs set, a vehicle should pass with no problems. To avoid problems at the inspection station, you can check everything with FlashScan before going to see the "inspector genreal".

BowlingSS
March 22nd, 2006, 03:53 AM
The catch is I can't be changing 100+tunes in the parking lot when they go for inspections. I just wanted to know if a permenent tune will pass.:)

I could not get mine to get rid of that MAF PO121- I think. I had to setup a special tune.:exactly:

Bill

ZL1Killa
March 22nd, 2006, 11:01 AM
this is hilarious.... i kept asking and asking...and I mean no one would respond on ls1tech or up here...either no one knew or hadn't encountered the problem

then i start getting responses and now more people are asking wondering if they are going to pass inspection!!!!

i luv it!!!!

slowhawk
March 24th, 2006, 12:46 AM
this is hilarious.... i kept asking and asking...and I mean no one would respond on ls1tech or up here...either no one knew or hadn't encountered the problem

then i start getting responses and now more people are asking wondering if they are going to pass inspection!!!!

i luv it!!!!

So share your knowledge? Yes or No!!!!

I'm taking it as a no unless you do a special tune before inspection which is not an option for me.

dbaxter_ss
March 25th, 2006, 11:33 AM
I would assume that if you are running SD you already have a special tune?
If you run mafless, its going to SES unless set to not report. FAILED Emissions due to any SES.
There are several DTCs that specifically check the MAF so I would have to say just turning them to not report and your fine.

NOW if you goto anywhere that knows what a MAF is and notices it missing they will fail you. Just nee to find a place that does the quick OBDII test and you are on your way :D like i did ;)

LABELS Selection
Parameters Value
P0101 "Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Performance" A: 1 Trip, Emissions Related
P0102 "Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low" A: 1 Trip, Emissions Related
P0103 "Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit High" A: 1 Trip, Emissions Related

LABELS Engine DTC Processing Enablers
Parameters Value
P1514 "MAP/MAF - Throttle Position Correlation " X: Not Reported

Those are the ones I found just doing a quick once over. But change them to not reported and you should be fine :D

Not that I would ever suggest to turn these off :muahaha:

ZL1Killa
March 25th, 2006, 12:05 PM
So share your knowledge? Yes or No!!!!

I'm taking it as a no unless you do a special tune before inspection which is not an option for me.

I'm trying to pass myself dude....chill

I ended up NEEDING to PASS as I was already 4 months late!
swapped the air pump on and I was fine