PDA

View Full Version : more aggressive downshift!? for turbo brake efficiency!!!

bob_22r
March 8th, 2013, 01:33 PM
hi all! it's my first post here!

i have build a tune with exhaust brake and it's working fine but i have to downshift in manual mode! so i headed to my tcm and i put more aggressive number at downshift at 0%tps but it's almost doing nothing! i have read that we do not actually have access to full downshift table that why my downshift are slow! anyone know a way to have more aggressive down shift? or when are we gonna have access to those timing table?

thank you!:help2:

bob_22r
March 8th, 2013, 03:10 PM
forget it i got it working! :P my mistake :P

bob_22r
March 16th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Same trouble but this time I can't figure it out! On lly 5 speed Allison the truck don't want to downshift a 0% throttle I even try at 6%! On my Lbz 6speed it worked fine but I can't get It working on my friend truck? Any tips??? :a

killerbee
March 17th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Same trouble but this time I can't figure it out! On lly 5 speed Allison the truck don't want to downshift a 0% throttle I even try at 6%! On my Lbz 6speed it worked fine but I can't get It working on my friend truck? Any tips??? :a

Be sure that the corresponding upshift value is HIGHER than the downshift value. It will help to see the conflicts if you put both the upshift and downshift values on the same excel chart. The 2 lines should not cross anywhere.

bob_22r
March 17th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Yes that was my first mistake! But this time I set everything like in my working Lbz calibration but it just don't change a thing shift point stay the same! :/ I could send you the file if you wanna look!?

larski156
July 17th, 2013, 03:35 AM
I am seeing the same thing with my 5speed

2wpuller
July 17th, 2013, 08:55 AM
I have the opposit with my 6sp out of a 06 4 to 3closed throttle down shift is very harsh the rest are fine.

Dale

2wpuller
July 30th, 2013, 06:48 AM
I found out what was causing my 4 to 3 closed throttle down shift Killerbee thanks for info about up and down shifts linesnot crossing.that was my problem.Now closed downshifting is good.

Dale