PDA

View Full Version : EQ vs AFR on Lc1

ssstreetcar
March 16th, 2013, 03:41 AM
I've been reading all I can. From what I get ,as long as you tune from EQ/Lambda and have B3601 set to fuel,than it does not matter what afr is set at in lc-1. AFR is more like a guide or calculated. Is this correct? Do I need to set LC -1 Afr if I'm not using it to tune? Thanks.

joecar
March 16th, 2013, 12:49 PM
See secttion II of post #1 of this thread: Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log) (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log))

ssstreetcar
March 17th, 2013, 05:02 AM
See secttion II of post #1 of this thread: Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log) (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log))

Thanks joecar. The problem I'm having is, my afr is reading 6.xx but my lambda/EQ are 1 and the car runs fine. I was reading a thread were someone else was having the same issue and said the lc1 does this sometimes. I've cut my cables and made a serial cable out of the two, so ill have to get more cables to plug into my pc to correct the lc1. I assume stoich has changed in the lc1. Do I need to correct this ?

ssstreetcar
March 17th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Thanks joecar. My lambda/EQ both read around 1 and the afr is 6.xx . My calc.wo2ben is {gm.eqivratio}*{ext.wo2lam1}. So if I change it to the new expression, will I have to correct the lc1 or can I leave it as is?

joecar
March 17th, 2013, 06:37 PM
WO2BEN is regardless of the soitch AFR set in the LC-1 (i.e. WO2LAM1 will always be correct regardless of stoich AFR)..

To get Wo2AFR1 to read correctly, reprogram the stoich AFR into the LC-1 (using the Innovate LM Programmer software).

ssstreetcar
March 18th, 2013, 09:16 AM
WO2BEN is regardless of the soitch AFR set in the LC-1 (i.e. WO2LAM1 will always be correct regardless of stoich)

^^^^^^^ This is what I was looking for. Sorry for the 2 posts, thought the first one timed out and didn't go through. Thanks again.

joecar
March 19th, 2013, 02:56 AM
You're welcome, no worries.