PDA

View Full Version : Idle troubles on latest Frankensettup.......

mowton
March 17th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Customer brought in a C5 with an LS7 installation that his previous builder/tuner couldn't get to run right. Has a big ass cam, FAST 50 injectors, Fast 102 Manifold and a NW 102 TB........the perfect storm of unknowns. Trying to get GM related data for the injectors so if anyone could help, would be much appreciated. Using the 50lb @ 58 PSI values for now (had some weird numbers when it came in?).

Our plan was to set the TB Scalar to .0122 (per know conversion), dial in the MAF/VE in the idle area's and log the customary PIDS to dial in the idle. Initial startup tune wouldn't run and had to set the scalar to like .0350 to get her to hold an idle. Log data showed a large variance between the DYNAIR (tune is setup to OLSD) and IACDES_B (this is the right PID to determine desired idle air? as this 2002 Vette doesn't have the RAF PID).

Also noticed that there is no GM.DYNCYLAIR PID for this year. I noticed the CYLAIR (g/cyl) values where quite high and remember something from my HPTuner setup that you can't log MAF in SD..... is this true of EFILive as well?

Last general question is logging the IAC_TC_DMA and IAC_TF_DMA are showing 14.17 (same as AFR desired) all the time in idle?

Below is the startup tune and log which is in OLSD. Tweaked the VE to get it close, but again with the .0122 Scalar, just can't get the car to idle no matter what we set the Desired AF to (high or low). You can see it idles OK for a while, begins to oscillate and then "burps". Lowering the Desired AF seemed to help, but I know that is not the right thing to do, as the scalar is so far off. Guess we need to go back to square 1 and start all over.

Thanks for your look and insight.

Ed M

joecar
March 19th, 2013, 12:17 PM
If you have the MAF still connected in SD (verified by MAF DTC present), you can still log MAF and MAFFREQ.

joecar
March 19th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Ouch, in PE it is commanding dangerously lean around peak torque.

mowton
March 19th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Ouch, in PE it is commanding dangerously lean around peak torque.

Good catch Joe, thank god we haven't taken it past idle....just a part of the great tune the car came in with :(

Any thoughts on the other findings or where I can find the FAST 50 injector data?

Thanks again

Ed M