PDA

View Full Version : V7.5 & V8 software ?

RVDAN
March 22nd, 2013, 03:31 AM
Is the EFILive software different for gas and diesel?
I have EFILive AutoCal for both gas and diesel from different EFI tuners and now the software is conflicting with each other.
On EFI website it shows-Download EFILive V7.5.7 Build 211 and Download EFILive V8.2.1 Build 203, but when I got my EFILive AutoCal for my gasser the software for the for the V8 is V8.2.2.215.
I have the tunes loaded and working in both using the proper software when loaded, but now I can not read PID's, data logging and display data on either.
The EFI is great tuning, but a little difficult knowing exactly what to do for someone that's not a computer person.
My diesel tuner requested I send back my AutoCal to see if they can figure out what the problem is, I sent it back.
My gasser tuner said there is new software coming out the next version of the software (public version vs beta) does anyone know when this will happen?

Thanks for any feedback.

joecar
March 22nd, 2013, 03:42 AM
Install most recent software (RC1, 222/215): EFILive-RC-1-(March-01-2013) (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?21842-EFILive-RC-1-(March-01-2013))

Re-configure AutoCal(s): Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?20699-Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch)

RVDAN
March 22nd, 2013, 04:02 AM
I put the V8.2.2.215. back in my gasser AutoCal and now I able to data log but no on viewing pid's
My diesel AutoCal has been shipped back to the dealer at their request but they are still using the V7.5.7 Build 211, V8.2.1 Build 203.
I check out your reply and I will download what you posted.
Will this make the AutoCal be able to read the selected pid's ?
On my Diesel I have the Edge Insight CTS I can view everything so I'm not concerned about it.
Its the gasser I would like view some pids.
Thanks.

ScarabEpic22
March 22nd, 2013, 04:16 AM
You need to manually program the firmware from the RC1 link that Joe linked to, if you're not comfortable doing that then you should probably go back to V8 build 203. BUT, talk to your tuner FIRST. Sometimes we like to do things that can cause backwards compatibility issues with old software/firmware.

You need V8 to setup your AutoCal, you can use V7.5 for logging/clearing DTCs and viewing log files. Tunes are an unknown, the default setting is to have them locked when you save them for use with an AutoCal.

RVDAN
March 22nd, 2013, 04:29 AM
I just did the manual program on the V7.5 and V8 that Joe had a link to which is the software my gas tuner uses.
What I can't figure out is why I can not view pids and can not view display data.
Now I'm able to data log since I did the software update from my gasser tuner, but the other 2 options above I can not.
Am I doing something wrong?
I verified everything on the BBX and programmed in.

joecar
March 22nd, 2013, 06:27 AM
After flashing in the new firmware into V2, did you goto BBx, edit the pidlists, and do Program All...?

But you should probably let your tuner do that, see what Erik said above.

RVDAN
March 22nd, 2013, 06:55 AM
After flashing in the new firmware into V2, did you goto BBx, edit the pidlists, and do Program All...?

But you should probably let your tuner do that, see what Erik said above.

Yes, I did edit the pid list and program all.
Just so I understand this, am I suppose to be able to drop down to the select pids on the AutoCal just like a scanner, hit ok then select 38 (gasser) then drop down till I find the pid that I want to view on the AutoCal plugged into the OBD II and the engine running the whole time???
This is what I understand I'm supposed to be able to do, but it does not work.

I guess I'll have to wait until I get my AutoCal back from my diesel tuner and have them walk me thru this.
My diesel AutoCal would only do the tunes, nothing else.

Thanks to all for the info,

joecar
March 22nd, 2013, 07:00 AM
Yes. But only if the pidlist contains the correct pids. And if before doing Program All, the pid channel bar graph on the bottom of the BBx page was not red.

RVDAN
March 22nd, 2013, 07:11 AM
There is NO red in the channel bar there is blue and green and white going past mid-way with 42% space required.
All of the pid's is available for the #38 engine and there are 10 on the selected side.

Thanks,

joecar
March 22nd, 2013, 08:49 AM
Post a screenshot of the BBx page.

RVDAN
March 22nd, 2013, 09:54 AM
With the EFILive V7.5.7 Build 211 and Download EFILive V8.2.1 Build 203 the screen look different.

joecar
March 22nd, 2013, 11:24 AM
Try without the T43.

RVDAN
March 22nd, 2013, 11:44 AM
Try without the T43.

Ok, thanks I'll try that this weekend.
I guess I gave you the redneck version of a snapshot, my computer minded son told me I can snapshot the page from my monitor for my computer then copy and paste.
I'm learning but @ a slow pase.

joecar
March 22nd, 2013, 03:06 PM
No worries :)

RVDAN
March 25th, 2013, 05:08 AM
joecar,
I took out the T43, now only 38 is selected with 12 pid's, it still will NOT show any pid's to view.
I scrolled down to "Select Pid's" (ok) then 38 shows (ok) then it goes directly to "Record Data" when I hit (ok) it starts scanner time counting.
The AutoCal will save the recorded data but that is all it will do besides the tuning.

I know the AutoCal is a little limited on space could my tunes installed be affecting PID viewing ?
I have 4 tunes installed, 38 mod coz file, 38 stock coz file, T43 mod ctz file, T43 stock coz file, my tuner has not done a coz file on the T43 mod.
I'm not comfortable with only having the stock files on the computer and putting only the mod files on the AutoCal, I'm concerned about possible computer issues and loosing them.

?, I have a AutoCal setting around that I am not using anymore, if I took the tune files off of the AutoCal I'm not using anymore could it be used as a scanner on other vehicles ?
That is if my problem with viewing PID's is because of the tuning space I'm using on the AutoCals that I am using now.

I do thank you for taking the time to try to help me solve this.

Also, I'm including another RedNeck snapshot of what's in my AutoCal, I tried the proper way but could not figure it out. :unsure:

14779 Heres the bootblock and Firmware #'s 14780

RVDAN
March 25th, 2013, 06:38 AM
joecar,
I just re-configured my spare AutoCal (that I'm not using) to read only engine 38 and only one pid MAF g/s and it does not show pid's either on my gasser ?

joecar
March 25th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Can you post the Options.txt saved from the BBx window.

RVDAN
March 25th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Can you post the Options.txt saved from the BBx window.

I'm not sure if this is what your looking for, I had the AutoCal plugged in and went from there.

If I'm reading it right it looks like nothing is Y for the PID's even though they show on the selected pid screen and I did programmed them in.
E38 is the only engine that shows active Y and that's what I selected.

Blacky
March 25th, 2013, 11:16 AM
I scrolled down to "Select Pid's" (ok) then 38 shows (ok) then it goes directly to "Record Data" when I hit (ok) it starts scanner time counting.

I tested your file here and it appears to work ok. I removed the AFRATIO_M PID since it was not supported on my test E38 controller.

When the AutoCal is showing the time counting, press the "Next" button to sroll down thru each PID, press the "Prev" button to scroll back up, eventually getting to "Exit" at which stage pressing OK will stop the data log.

Regards
Paul

RVDAN
March 25th, 2013, 12:53 PM
I tested your file here and it appears to work ok. I removed the AFRATIO_M PID since it was not supported on my test E38 controller.

When the AutoCal is showing the time counting, press the "Next" button to sroll down thru each PID, press the "Prev" button to scroll back up, eventually getting to "Exit" at which stage pressing OK will stop the data log.

Regards
Paul

I was never told to view the select PID worked the way you explained, thank you.
So when I scroll down after the time is counting on the data log I will see the PID's and be able to read whats going on.
Like MAF g/s at idle or while driving or any of the other PID's on the list?
I check this out tomorrow morning, I do hope this works I'm worn out trying to figure out what the issue was.
THANK YOU

RVDAN
March 26th, 2013, 04:38 AM
BLACKY, THANK YOU

Yes this worked, it was suggested that I re-calibrate and do updates because something was wrong with the software trying to get the AutoCal to show selected PID's the way I was doing it.
This has been going on since last Tuesday with no luck.
I figured if I asked for help on the EFILive forum someone might come to the rescue.

Thanks Again,:thumb_yello:

This data was saved in the AutoCal all I need to do is connect my AutoCal in Explorer and delete the saved pid data so I won't have unnecessary space being used, correct.

Blacky
March 26th, 2013, 03:26 PM
One other thing that will save you space is to un-check all the DTC description options when configuring AutoCal for BBx duties.
AutoCal can't show DTC descriptions so there's no use copying the DTC description files to the AutoCal device.

Blacky
March 26th, 2013, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=RVDAN;188950This data was saved in the AutoCal all I need to do is connect my AutoCal in Explorer and delete the saved pid data so I won't have unnecessary space being used, correct.[/QUOTE]

Correct.

There is also an option on the AutoCal menu that allows you to delete all scan files without having to get to a PC. Obviously if you've logged some data and want to save it to a PC then deleting them would be foolish, but if you want to start logging and realize you've forgotten to clear out the old log files that you've already saved to your PC but your PC is not close by, then you can use that option to clear the old files.

Regards
Paul

RVDAN
March 27th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Correct.

There is also an option on the AutoCal menu that allows you to delete all scan files without having to get to a PC. Obviously if you've logged some data and want to save it to a PC then deleting them would be foolish, but if you want to start logging and realize you've forgotten to clear out the old log files that you've already saved to your PC but your PC is not close by, then you can use that option to clear the old files.

Regards
Paul

Thanks for all the great info,
Deleting the DTC description options dropped the Space Required down to 14%,
Thanks again,
Dan

Blacky
March 27th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Thanks for all the great info,
Deleting the DTC description options dropped the Space Required down to 14%,
Thanks again,
Dan

Eventually all this info will be in the V8 Scan/Tune tool user manual, unfortunately the user manual is not completed yet.
Regards
Paul

RVDAN
March 28th, 2013, 03:32 AM
Eventually all this info will be in the V8 Scan/Tune tool user manual, unfortunately the user manual is not completed yet.
Regards
Paul

I don't think my 2 tuners are aware of this yet, because both felt the space required should read in the 40% range.
Thanks,