PDA

View Full Version : P05 and LX9

autocade
March 22nd, 2013, 04:51 AM
Last thing I found about this topic was 2009.

I understand the lack of support for this motor (3.5L LX9 - 2005 Pontiac G6) due to P05 and such, but I want to pose a question. What would it take? Forgive my naivety.

~Cade

ScarabEpic22
March 22nd, 2013, 05:19 AM
Look at this thread: EFILive RC1-(March-01-2013) (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?21842-EFILive-RC-1-(March-01-2013))

Download, install, update your V2 then read the tune out and email it support. Until they get enough reads to make the business justification to put the development hours in, it wont happen. The ability to read the stock tunes was just released in Feb with the latest round of beta software.

autocade
March 22nd, 2013, 06:12 AM
Look at this thread: EFILive RC1-(March-01-2013) (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?21842-EFILive-RC-1-(March-01-2013))

Download, install, update your V2 then read the tune out and email it support. Until they get enough reads to make the business justification to put the development hours in, it wont happen. The ability to read the stock tunes was just released in Feb with the latest round of beta software.

Wonderful information. I really hope EFI proceeds to do this. How much interest will EFI need in order to look into this?

All I have is just a lone individual who has wrote a program to tune. He offers canned tunes for the $400 range, and any customization to the tune comes at $125 an hour. The ability to get the computer dialed in is the last step in opening this motor to aftermarket.

once again thanks!

GMPX
March 22nd, 2013, 09:58 AM
The P05 is a bit of a pain because there was essentially two versions, each quite different to the other, so we would really be adding support for two PCM's.
How much interest is needed, a lot to justify NOT working on other projects we know will be a winner vs the risk of working on an older platform.

theshibbykumquat
March 22nd, 2013, 01:13 PM
I'd be interested in this as well. Is it possible to write a definition file yourself to use with EFI Live?

ScarabEpic22
March 22nd, 2013, 06:42 PM
I'd be interested in this as well. Is it possible to write a definition file yourself to use with EFI Live?

First send your PCM read(s) into support@efilive.com, then beg Ross to release the flash bootloader files. You could then create a .cax file with the addresses you wanted. Im not sure how it would work if there wasnt even a minimal base .calz to work from, have to let EFILive answer that.

GMPX
March 22nd, 2013, 06:42 PM
Yes it is possible to add your own tables if you know how, we have to have some base stuff in there initially, but once that is done you are free to do as you wish using the .cax files (as Erik said).
I am sure I have the whole flash part nailed down, I actually had on my to do list for my last NZ trip to put the 1996 - 2007 V6 PCM defs in V7.5 so they could be loaded up, but the LML Duramax ECM threw a few curve balls and we ran out of time.