PDA

View Full Version : trouble with calc pids

Tool Guy
March 22nd, 2013, 06:06 AM
Hi, I am new to efi live. I followed the instructions on how to create pids, but I cant find them in the scanner. How do you take the edited .txt file (with the pid info) and make it work? I tried replacing the file, renaming the file, and moving it. Nothing worked. I only see the standard pid files, when I try to select them in the scanner, and none of them have the custom pids that where made in the .txt doccument. Also, sae_generic.txt is something about a dodge controller and is nothing like the calc_pids.txt. I am sure it's something simple, but I cant figure it out. Thanks for the help.

Tool Guy
March 22nd, 2013, 06:52 AM
I think I got it. I unchecked the supported box and scrolled down. I have to connect to the car and try to validate the pids now. If anyone thinks of anything I am missing, please let me know. Thanks again

joecar
March 22nd, 2013, 07:38 AM
Did you edit calc_pids.txt in the User Configuration folder...?

Post your calc_pids.txt file here.

Make sure you leave at least 2 empty lines at the end of it.

Do not edit sae_generic.txt (in the Configuration folder), leave it alone (it will get replaced when you update the software).

Tool Guy
March 28th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the reply. I did not edit the sae_generic.txt. I did edit the calc_pids.txt in the user configuration folder. After I unchecked the supported box, I saw the pids. I was able to conect to the car yesterday and, thankfully, they worked.

joecar
March 28th, 2013, 12:22 PM
ok cool :cheers: