PDA

View Full Version : Validated PIDs w/o Connected to PCM?

ferocity02
March 22nd, 2013, 07:31 AM
Is there a way to get the PID list to show what is supposed by the PCM without being connected to the PCM? Most of the work I do is inside away from the truck, so it's sometimes a pain to plan my logging w/o knowing what PIDs are actually available. I did do Info>Validate PIDs when I was last connected, but once I disconnect and restart the scan tool they all went away (are X'd out). The only PIDs that come up valid when disconnected from the PCM are the EXT.

Thanks!

joecar
March 22nd, 2013, 07:41 AM
When you do Info->Validate pids at the vehicle (connected to), select all the available pids, then go File->Save As->Save PID Selection As and name the file ALL-PIDS.pid.

Then goto Edit->Properties->Startup and specify this pid file to load on scantool startup.

Of course, do not log with this pid selection (too many pids), make subset pid files (give each a suitably descriptive name) and use those to log.

ferocity02
March 22nd, 2013, 12:42 PM
Is there an easy way to select all of the PIDs? Or do I have to select then one-by-one?

ferocity02
March 30th, 2013, 02:14 PM
What I ended up doing was using ctrl+a to select all of the supported pids, and then I copied and pasted them into Excel for easy reference.

joecar
March 31st, 2013, 08:25 AM
Yes, Ctrl-A.