PDA

View Full Version : RPM is not right

driver456
March 24th, 2006, 12:18 PM
I went for a ride and logged some data,And the max RPM is showing 11,744 rpm's.Only my Dragbike saw that RPM:mrgreen: And in the PID section for RPM its not showing default,just a slash mark.Under SYSTEM it says "Conditions". I went to "Configure units and precision for data" and changed everything to imperial.But where there should be RPM under DATA UNITS there's just a dot.Also when I right click on RPM in the PID section,Imperial and metric are grayed out,So I can't select either one.Hope someone understands this,I'm new at this.....Thanks..............Paul

Blacky
March 24th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Firstly, make sure you are using the RPM PID called {SAE.RPM}.

EFILive should display the RPM as 1/4 of what you are seeing.
RPM is neither imperial nor metric so you can't change those settings.

The fact that the Units column shows up as a dot (and your RPM is not being scaled by 1/4) indicates that the file:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\sae_generic.txt is probably corrupt.

Delete that sae_generic.txt file, then re-run the EFILive installation and select the [Repair] option. That will reinstall a good copy of the file.

Also check that there is no RPM PID defined in \My Documents\EFILive\V7\User Configuration\calc_pids.txt. If there is delete it from that file.

Regards
Paul

I went for a ride and logged some data,And the max RPM is showing 11,744 rpm's.Only my Dragbike saw that RPM:mrgreen: And in the PID section for RPM its not showing default,just a slash mark.Under SYSTEM it says "Conditions". I went to "Configure units and precision for data" and changed everything to imperial.But where there should be RPM under DATA UNITS there's just a dot.Also when I right click on RPM in the PID section,Imperial and metric are grayed out,So I can't select either one.Hope someone understands this,I'm new at this.....Thanks..............Paul

driver456
March 24th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks,I'll try that right now....................Paul

driver456
March 24th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Firstly, make sure you are using the RPM PID called {SAE.RPM}.

EFILive should display the RPM as 1/4 of what you are seeing.
RPM is neither imperial nor metric so you can't change those settings.

The fact that the Units column shows up as a dot (and your RPM is not being scaled by 1/4) indicates that the file:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\sae_generic.txt is probably corrupt.

Delete that sae_generic.txt file, then re-run the EFILive installation and select the [Repair] option. That will reinstall a good copy of the file.

Also check that there is no RPM PID defined in \My Documents\EFILive\V7\User Configuration\calc_pids.txt. If there is delete it from that file.

Regards
Paul
The calc_pids.txt was in My documents and I did the repair option also.