PDA

View Full Version : EFILive RC 2 (March 28, 2013)

Blacky
March 27th, 2013, 09:59 AM
The latest EFILive software is now available as Release Candidate 2 for all EFILive customers.

EFILive encourages customers to use this release in their production environments.
This release is scheduled to become the official public release.

Download here:

http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.225_RC2_Setup.exe
http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.219_RC2_Setup.exe

Updates since RC1:

Fixed surprise SD Card removal condition that may cause FlashScan's firmware to be overwritten, leaving FlashScan in deadpoll.
Fixed LLY auto-lock failure.
Added E55, E77 and E69 black box logging support.
Fixed error when deleting all entries from the "BBL Enabled Controllers" list in tab page [F5: BBX]
Removed the option to override operating system <-> boot block mismatch when full-flashing controllers.
Added additional E39 tuning support.
Added VIN change option to V8 software to allow the VIN stored in a *.ctz tune file to be changed.
Fixed BBX PID customization problems.
Added option to import E86 (LML) files from external third party tools.
Fixed full-flash test option to perform a test flash instead of a real flash.

Firmware

The FlashScan and AutoCal firmware version number has been updated to V2.07.36. That means once you upgrade the firmware you cannot revert back to V2.07.35.
The firmware version number upgrade was required because of the seriousness of the "SD Card surprise removal" bug that was fixed in RC2.

What is not included in this release:

The Cummins switchable tune (CSP5) feature is not included in RC2.
The DPF/EGR restrictions for US based customers are not part of RC2.
Pass-thru logging using the V8 software is not included in RC1 (use V7.5 for pass-thru logging duties).
Tune file editing using the V8 software is not included in RC1(use V7.5 for tune file editing duties).

Bug Fixes:

Many bugs that have been reported over the past 6 months have been fixed in this release. If you have reported a bug but discover that it has not been fixed or has only been partially fixed in this update, please report the bug again in this thread.

Known Issues:

Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

Regards
The EFILive Development Team

Duramax 6.6L
March 27th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Sub'd

swingtan
March 27th, 2013, 03:30 PM
I think there has been an issue in the last couple of releases, where the FS firmware and V8 BBL setup don't quite align.

When setting alarms in V8 BBL, the sound duration is labeled in "mS" with a minimum of 10 and maximum of 1,000. However, I think the V2 takes the figure as "multiples of 10mS" and not an actual time duration. For example, if I set an alarm to last for 200 mS in V8 BBL, it actually sounds for closer to 2 seconds.

Simon.

ScarabEpic22
March 27th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Downloaded, Ill try to test out the alarm issue tomorrow on my way to work (if I remember).

GMC-2002-Dmax
March 28th, 2013, 11:25 AM
I'll test the LLY Autolocking

ScarabEpic22
March 28th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Noticed I still cant open an E39 file I posted on here back in December, OS 12655481. Or any E83 files. I have one E83B read that was posted on here a while back, OS 12650656. Noticed that the E83 folder exists in the V7.5 install, but there are no .calz files.

On the override OS<->bootblock mismatch removal, what about ones we KNOW work? Ive tried a few out and know they work, but I have to go through that error and if that feature is removed I dont think Ill be able to do them?

GMPX
March 28th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Noticed I still cant open an E39 file I posted on here back in December, OS 12655481.
Yes sorry, there is some E39 OS's still outstanding (only a few), the new E39 .calz files added were for the E39A, essentially all 2013's, ATS, Malibu 2.0L Turbo etc.

Or any E83 files. I have one E83B read that was posted on here a while back, OS 12650656. Noticed that the E83 folder exists in the V7.5 install, but there are no .calz files.
The E83 directory creation only happened in this update, in preparation :sneaky:, very observant Erik!

On the override OS<->bootblock mismatch removal, what about ones we KNOW work? Ive tried a few out and know they work, but I have to go through that error and if that feature is removed I dont think Ill be able to do them?
It's gone because we got sick of replacing licenses for people who insisted on flashing the wrong OS in to E38's etc even after the warning. We are open to suggestions here, but at the moment we allow a full flash to proceed if the OS's are compatible (eg, not a 2010 in to a 2007) or if the OS is totally blank because we obviously have no way to check it against the .ctz file then.

ScarabEpic22
March 28th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Yes sorry, there is some E39 OS's still outstanding (only a few), the new E39 .calz files added were for the E39A, essentially all 2013's, ATS, Malibu 2.0L Turbo etc.

No problem, I cant even tune it anyway just figured Id check to see if it was supported.

The E83 directory creation only happened in this update, in preparation :sneaky:, very observant Erik!

Thats why I get paid the big bucks! :D

(I thought E83 support was already out, was that just more of a beta/limited release type deal?)

It's gone because we got sick of replacing licenses for people who insisted on flashing the wrong OS in to E38's etc even after the warning. We are open to suggestions here, but at the moment we allow a full flash to proceed if the OS's are compatible (eg, not a 2010 in to a 2007) or if the OS is totally blank because we obviously have no way to check it against the .ctz file then.

I understand, just today I had to uninstall RC2 and go back to RC1 in order to do this. It sucks, but people shouldnt expect to get a replacement license if that warning pops up. I definitely wouldnt, it plainly says DO NOT FLASH THIS OR IT COULD BRICK. If people cant read that...Ill hold my tongue.

GMPX
March 28th, 2013, 04:41 PM
(I thought E83 support was already out, was that just more of a beta/limited release type deal?)

It's been a limited release deal, not too much of a call for tuning 1.2L motors :laugh:

it plainly says DO NOT FLASH THIS OR IT COULD BRICK. If people cant read that...Ill hold my tongue.
Companies have to make up warning signs like these ones, so don't underestimate anybody..

http://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles/a94_w10.jpg

http://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles/a94_w2.jpg

ScarabEpic22
March 28th, 2013, 05:43 PM
It's been a limited release deal, not too much of a call for tuning 1.2L motors :laugh:

Companies have to make up warning signs like these ones, so don't underestimate anybody..

http://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles/a94_w10.jpg

http://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles/a94_w2.jpg

Pics no worky, and I figured, thought they were 1.8L guys? Still, probably not a lot of desire unless someone just wants the fueling cleaned up a tad, a hair more spark, and fix the trans.

GMPX
March 28th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Pics no worky,
Really, I can even see them in your reply.

and I figured, thought they were 1.8L guys? Still, probably not a lot of desire unless someone just wants the fueling cleaned up a tad, a hair more spark, and fix the trans.
Yeah, they aren't just used on the 1.2L, actually I noticed it's possibly used on a 1.0L engine in Europe too, what a beast!
Should have some results from some E83 ECM tuning tests soon, we know the flashing etc is all fine, has been for a while, it's just how well the engines respond.

Blacky
March 28th, 2013, 11:58 PM
I can't see them either. Had to click reply to post and could see them in the quoted part of my reply.

ScarabEpic22
March 29th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Weird, I use Chrome and had to actually copy the links, open IE, then paste into the browser and they would show up.

1L and 1.2L, big displacement big power engines! LOL

joecar
March 29th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Pics...!? I don't see any pics (even if I click on Reply With Quote).

Behold
March 30th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Liking the speed of the v8 tool. Shame you can select/deselect PIDS faster. Bit of a trawl unless I'm doing it wrong. Also zoom buttons would be good rather than using the menu.

Otherwise it works smoothly and great for manipulating a small selection,

Top work

Blacky
March 30th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Liking the speed of the v8 tool. Shame you can select/deselect PIDS faster. Bit of a trawl unless I'm doing it wrong. Also zoom buttons would be good rather than using the menu.

Otherwise it works smoothly and great for manipulating a small selection,

Top work

Keyboard hotkeys for zooming (Ctrl+Alt+I and Ctrl+Alt+O)
Right-click on chart axis to select PIDs

Or use mouse scroll wheel (with and without the Ctrl key pressed to scroll and zoom respectively) when mouse is over the desired axis - including the x-axis. Left-click to restore default zoom level.

Regards Paul

Highlander
April 1st, 2013, 02:26 AM
that is nice... how about adding to the table with just the + or - sign

Highlander
April 1st, 2013, 02:34 AM

Simple:

leave it in place for those that have the Stream?

Behold
April 1st, 2013, 04:41 AM
Hmmmmm I run efilive of my media pc and use my ipad as a keyboard. Buttons would personally be nicer. Anyone else want buttons???

swingtan
April 1st, 2013, 09:34 AM
I think it's a little late to start making changes for the up coming release. RE: zooming, I like the scroll wheel and the key board short cuts but perhaps the addition of a "scroll bar" type zoom control would also be good. Click and drag it for a desired zoom level, which would also work with a touch screen device.

Also, re: the BBL alarm times, I did some testing over the weekend and it seems I might be right. If the alarm duration is set for multiples of 10mS, the resulting duration seems about right.

Simon

Blacky
April 2nd, 2013, 02:09 PM
One more thing on the zooming, you can highlight (left click and drag, or shift+arrows) a section of the chart and then left-click in that selection to zoom to that selection.
As always, click the X-axis to remove any zoom factor.

Adding buttons to the charts for zooming is no big deal, just a space issue, that's all.

Regards
Paul

Highlander
April 3rd, 2013, 04:24 AM
wait what?.. zooming what are we talking about? v8? logs? tunes?

Blacky
April 3rd, 2013, 08:23 AM
wait what?.. zooming what are we talking about? v8? logs? tunes?

V8 Scan Tool. Highlight a section of the chart data and then click in the highlighted section to zoom to that selection.

Regards
Paul

Behold
April 6th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Ahhhh the clicking helps. Ta

Blacky
April 7th, 2013, 01:52 PM
RC3 is available here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22425-EFILive-RC-3-%28April-08-2013%29&p=189509#post189509

Regards
Paul

catman3126
April 9th, 2013, 12:24 AM
subd