PDA

View Full Version : RPM remains high after accel

madprof01
March 24th, 2006, 03:50 PM
I might be missing something or just being dense. When the clutch is depressed after hard accel the RPM's remain at about 3000 for about 10-15 secs. I have checked all the decay modifiers that i can think of and only made a small change in the rpm level. This is a 02 camaro with crazy cam and dart heads. This was my first N/A tune dealing with a cam. definately a different animal! It did however come welll I thought. Idle and start up is almost like stock great part throttle and drivebility. anyhow, any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
madprof01

Tordne
March 24th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Try logging the airflow values for the Throttle Cracker and Throttle Follower (if you have not already). This will show you the amount of airflow added and the speed at witch is being decayed.

That is my first suggestion.

Cheers,

madprof01
March 26th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Well just for the record, KISS has once again layed one on me! Overcomplicating or thinking set up a poor result untill rest and detachment had been achieved! The higher numbers on the top right of the timing table were 7 sometimes 4 deg. with the big cam and heads and GMs strategy some of the idle had moved up in the table. These low numbers do not work with this combination. gotta love those friendly reminders!
Thanks
madprof01

P.S. Keep
It
Simple
Stupid