PDA

View Full Version : Went from hot weather to extreme cold not truck runs like crap

andysc3
March 29th, 2013, 07:53 AM
I recently moved from Tucson AZ where it was in the 80s to minot ND where it has gotten down to -10*f. It was running very rich so I did some logging and updated the ve table. Every time I go from park to gear the rpms drop very low and sometimes dies. What else do I need to change? I've tried to do the rafig but I'm at a loss on that one

darcy
March 30th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Andy,

If it was dialled in well before, and is out everywhere, you could try putting the VE tabl eback the way it was and using the IAT VE Multiplier {A0014}.
Chances are, this table up it's still set to 1.000 at the IATs you're currently seeing.

andysc3
March 31st, 2013, 05:56 AM
Yes. The ve was pretty much perfect before the move. But the atmosphere was around 89kpa there so that's how I had my tune set up. It's 96kpa here so it was actually commanding 13.5 afr at cruise. And I also had to adjust the timing as it was only commanding 20* at cruise. Only issue now is where it sometimes stalls when I put it into gear.

andysc3
April 11th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Okay, in the mornings before I leave for work I will use the remote start to warm up the truck. By the time I get in to leave the coolant is around 160-170*F. And afr will be around 16.5-17. When I put it in gear afr will go to 15.5 which is what I'm commanding. Would this be to much in the desired airflow table?