PDA

View Full Version : yesterday it works, today nothing wtf?!

Tool Guy
March 29th, 2013, 12:41 PM
I am trying to log a 07 corvette with an E38. Yesterday, it was scanning fine and all my calc pids worked. Today, I turn everything on to log and tune, and nothing. The bi-directional controlls work, but the data page shows negative (impossible) #'s and there is no rpm or any other data. Did the V2 die on me, or what? nothing changed!

GMPX
March 29th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Maybe just try revalidating the PID's (Shift + F2 within the scantool once connected).

Tool Guy
March 30th, 2013, 03:21 AM
I did try to revalidate the pids, but that didn't change anything. The selected pids even show up in the data tab. The problem is the data is maxed negative for every selected pid from the instant the monitor or record data buttons are pushed. Also, when looking at a map, the cell counts are very low. It seems to be freezing up. My PC has 8 gb ram and a intell core i5-2500k 3.3 GHz. All of the other software on the computer works fine. I restarted the pc a couple of times and I disconnected the V2 and left it unplugged for a while, but the problem still remains.

67SS509
March 30th, 2013, 07:26 AM
I've seen the same problem with mine before. It started when I added GM.ETCTP to my PID list and started back working when I removed it. Did you recently add something to your list?

Tool Guy
March 30th, 2013, 10:28 AM
I did. I added E38.SCALEDCORVE_DMA and E38.SCALEDUNVE_DMA and CALC.E38_VE. I wanted to make a map of the vve table in the logger, so I grabbed RPM and CALC.E38_VE because I didn't see a valid MAP pid. I will try removing the other two pids and see what happens.

67SS509
March 30th, 2013, 11:00 AM
I'm curious if this works for you....

Tool Guy
April 2nd, 2013, 01:45 PM
It worked. I removed the pids and every thing went back to normal. Thanks for the help.

The other thing I noticed was while logging data, the data would show up on the tune tool during playback. That was super cool, but it was only accurate during one of the logged sessions. The 2nd time I recorded "no pid changes" it wouldn't show the data (vve table) accurately. It logged fine in the scanner, but during playback in the tune tool it was stuck at 15 kpa. Did I miss some thing?

Thanks again for the help.

joecar
April 2nd, 2013, 08:56 PM
It worked. I removed the pids and every thing went back to normal. Thanks for the help.

The other thing I noticed was while logging data, the data would show up on the tune tool during playback. That was super cool, but it was only accurate during one of the logged sessions. The 2nd time I recorded "no pid changes" it wouldn't show the data (vve table) accurately. It logged fine in the scanner, but during playback in the tune tool it was stuck at 15 kpa. Did I miss some thing?

Thanks again for the help.Make sure the scantool units for MAP are Metric (kPa), and make sure tunetool has same units for MAP axis of VE table.

67SS509
April 3rd, 2013, 11:50 AM
I added the GM.ETCTP back to mine yesterday just to try it again and for the first time ever it worked perfect. Go figure! I believe it's a varying level of corruption in the software that varies from day to day.

Tool Guy
April 5th, 2013, 01:08 AM
I switched the data in the scan tool and it works. Thanks again for the help.