PDA

View Full Version : PID sample rate

Behold
March 30th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Can the PID sample rate be increased on BBX logging????

Blacky
March 31st, 2013, 11:45 AM
Selecting fewer PIDs will mean faster logging speeds. Select only a few channels (6 or7) so that only the first packet in the "PID Usage" display contains channel data.
Regards Paul

Behold
April 7th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I'm not quite following. I'm in the v8 tool. I have only 5 pids and there is no option to have high priority on the pid or change the rate at all.

Blacky
April 8th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Each additional packet that is used to log PID channel data slows down the scan rate. So if you only select enough PIDs that their channel data fits into one packet, then you'll have the fastest logging speed.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
April 8th, 2013, 08:45 AM
FWIW, I really like how V8 makes it a lot more visual to see the # of channels a particular PID requires. Bring on pass through logging! Seriously though, after using V8 even with the chart view it's tough to go back to V7.5. Especially with how long it takes to plot in V7.5 vs almost instant in V8. :D

joecar
April 8th, 2013, 06:02 PM
FWIW, I really like how V8 makes it a lot more visual to see the # of channels a particular PID requires. Bring on pass through logging! Seriously though, after using V8 even with the chart view it's tough to go back to V7.5. Especially with how long it takes to plot in V7.5 vs almost instant in V8. :D+1 good comment.