PDA

View Full Version : clearing codes with V2 not using a laptop??

C Murda
April 1st, 2013, 12:04 PM
is it possible to just plug in my V2 to the obd2 port and clear/read codes without the use of a laptop?? i know i can pull codes with it but they dont have any description and every time i try to clear a code it will say they are cleared when they really are still there? simply put it doesnt really clear codes... the only way ive been able to clear codes is when connected to my laptop.

ScarabEpic22
April 1st, 2013, 12:46 PM
Yes, go into the Diagnostics screen, then click Trouble Codes, then Clear DTCs. I cant remember the exact verbage, but that's pretty close. :D

C Murda
April 1st, 2013, 02:09 PM
Yes, go into the Diagnostics screen, then click Trouble Codes, then Clear DTCs. I cant remember the exact verbage, but that's pretty close. :D

thats what i tried doing but when i "clear" them theyre still there!

swingtan
April 1st, 2013, 02:11 PM
Are they being set again? What are the codes and what's been done to the car?

C Murda
April 1st, 2013, 02:34 PM
Are they being set again? What are the codes and what's been done to the car?

they arent being set again because if i clear them ith my laptop hooked up they go away until i do a drive cycle. its on my 2008 Ram 6.7 Cummins and all ive done is deleted emissions equipment so far

swingtan
April 1st, 2013, 02:59 PM
Sounds like a script / config file issue in the BBL settings. If you haven't updated your firmware to the latest release (Jun 2012) and also updated the entire config filesystem in the V2, then I'd do that first. If the problem still remains, it may be a bug.

joecar
April 1st, 2013, 06:05 PM
Check their status... i.e. the History flag might be on and the Current flag might be off...

post a picture.

C Murda
April 2nd, 2013, 02:20 AM
Sounds like a script / config file issue in the BBL settings. If you haven't updated your firmware to the latest release (Jun 2012) and also updated the entire config filesystem in the V2, then I'd do that first. If the problem still remains, it may be a bug.

i think i already did this when i first bought it back in early february. i have the build 211 and build 203 software loaded and running on my laptop. is there anything i have to do to the actual V2 handheld itself?

C Murda
April 2nd, 2013, 02:21 AM
Check their status... i.e. the History flag might be on and the Current flag might be off...

post a picture.

how do i go about doing this? im a noob!