PDA

View Full Version : PCM Upgrade

DaddySS
March 24th, 2006, 04:16 PM
I've been searching but but can't find the answer - maybe I'm over analyzing:

I want to upgrade my PCM so that I can start using auto tune and perhaps upgrade to a custom OS.

To upgrade from my 2000 PCM I just go to the files and download a new bin file, then flash that to my PCM?

Will vehicle ID info etc. be OK?

Which file should I pull down - 2001 or 2002?

Tordne
March 24th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Pretty much al you need to do is flash in the new Operating System, which requires either FlashScan Commercial or Workshop (Personal can not perform full-reflash).

The 2001 and 2002 OS's are very similar so you will be fine with either.

VIN details etc "should" be retained, and if not they can be corrected in any case.

Good luck.

DaddySS
March 24th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Ahh, OK got it, thanks. Now the resultant question - since I have personal...do I;

a. Upgrade to professional - cost and advantages?

b. By a PCM and can I then program the VIN etc. with personal?

c. Other choices?

TAQuickness
March 24th, 2006, 11:29 PM
you just need to upgrade to commercial, then from the scan or tune tool, click Help -> Tutorials -> Custom OS Upgrade Tutorial.pdf

In your case, the calibration from your '00 will not flash directly into the 01/02 OS. After you have completed the upgrade, you will need to manually transfer all your calibration from the '00 to the new OS calibration, then perform a calibration only reflash. This process takes me about an hour, but it's well worth it to take advantage of the custom OS's.

DaddySS
March 25th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Great, I just ordered the workshop version. I'll be sure to let you know how it progresses and I really appreciate the help.

BowlingSS
March 25th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Great, I just ordered the workshop version. I'll be sure to let you know how it progresses and I really appreciate the help.

You only needed the commercial version but the workshop will let you tune every ones LS1.

Keep us posted.

Bill:welcome:

Blacky
March 25th, 2006, 09:52 AM

As much as it would please me, purchasing a workshop in order to upgrade a PCM operating system would be overkill. I checked the store, your purchase is correctly entered as a Commercial upgrade :)

Regards
Paul

DaddySS
March 25th, 2006, 01:09 PM
As much as it would please me, purchasing a workshop in order to upgrade a PCM operating system would be overkill. I checked the store, your purchase is correctly entered as a Commercial upgrade :)

Regards
Paul
Right you are and thanks, just got my terms for the various versions mixed up.:nixweiss: