PDA

View Full Version : V7.5 scanner custom maps problem

sheldons 5.9
April 5th, 2013, 04:38 AM
I am trying to learn how to use the custom maps feature built into the scanner module. I followed doghouse diesel's tutorial. On any maps that I setup, the blocks just count how many times it is hit.
Say I want to map main injection duration, I set the main data tab on main injection duration, the column on
fuel pressure desired, and the row on commanded fuel with balanced rates. I copied and pasted the labels from the actual map in the tuner module.
So after I am recording, the correct data is showing in the data tab, but it is not showing up properly in the map tab. All it does is count how many times that particular block is hit.
What am I missing?

Thanks for any help or pointers.

joecar
April 5th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Click the x-bar button (i.e. x with a bar over it).

sheldons 5.9
April 5th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Click the x-bar button (i.e. x with a bar over it).

Thank-you! I knew that it had to be something simple.

sheldons 5.9
April 5th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Another question.
Is there a pid for pilot injection timing (degrees)? If not, is that something that can be added in an update?
Thanks!

joecar
April 6th, 2013, 04:20 PM
I'm not a diesel person, so I don't know the answer.

ScarabEpic22
April 6th, 2013, 09:49 PM
I am not sure about pilot injection, if the ECM doesnt have this mapped then it would take a lot of work (from my understanding) to create it.

The easiest thing for now is to make a spreadsheet that compares Main vs Pilot injection, you should be able to quickly see the advance of a pilot injection.